You cannot start the meeting 89032471426 because it is hosted by another user

Description
We have one main account, under that we have two licenses, in our admin site, we will schedule the meeting by selecting one license of it and we trigger the API, based on the selected license field. Some times we are getting this below issue

Error

Web Client SDK version 1.9.1

THIS ISSUE IS INTERMITTENT

1. How to solve this intermittent issue and what conditions this issue will arise?
  2. On what basis zoom will authenticate the host, any one with start url can host it?
  3. If there are multiple licenses are configured for an account, how that particular licensed person can host a webinar, i mean like through which credentials he has to sign in for zoom and host it, whether the root user credentials or his licensed credentials.

**All the issues which i am talking here are in context of webinars only not meeting :slight_smile: **

Please resolve this confusion and provide a way to the solution.

Thanks,
Vasanth

Hi @vasanth,
Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum. Please see the responses to your inquires below:

You can resolve this intermittent issue by enabling Join before host option when scheduling meetings.

If you’re seeing this message, can you ensure that you have join_before_host enabled? To see the join before host option when scheduling meetings, you need to enable it in the web portal. If you do not select join before host, the participants will see a pop up dialog that says “The meeting is waiting for the host to join.”

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202828525-Allow-participants-to-join-before-host

You can enable authentication for users on your account and the user would want to sign-in with their licensed credentials. Please see our help documentation linked below for more details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037117472#h_7e114572-1131-40cc-b4b5-33d651255e51

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

We get the message as I attached in the screenshot for host only, not for the participants. If the host itself is unable to host the meeting, how can the webinar can happen, even though the message shows about meeting, but i am talking about webinars only, we are not dealing with meetings

Hey @vasanth,

Please make sure that the person attempting to start the webinar is logged in to the same Zoom account as the host of the webinar and that they are using the start_url when attempting to start the meeting.

I’ll note that the start_url should only be used by the host. Participants should use a join_url either from the Create a Webinar API response or from their registration confirmation email.

If that isn’t helpful, please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include a start_url where you have seen this issue as well as the email of the user that attempted to start the meeting.

I’ll use that information to investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.