Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting

Hi everyone,

The WebSDK is now operational, we’ve released Web SDK version 1.7.4. Please see the thread below.

Thanks
#codeHappy

Hello Michael,
Thanks for you reply
I updated the SDK to latest version (1.7.4) using https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web, but still have an error message “Service is temporarily…”
Wy?
Thanks in advance for your efforts

Hey @tps-egy,

Please create a new thread with the issue/error in the title and steps to reproduce.

Thanks,
Tommy

Recently, I have been having the issue with ‘connection time-out’. Any estimate on when it is going to be fixed ?

Hey @sabal.prasain,

Please make sure you are using the latest version, 1.7.6.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I am using the latest js i.e. 1.7.7. The issue is replicated each and every time using the following steps.

1. Download the cdn sample from here https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web
  2. Use the CDN version
  3. Create a JWT app and use its api key and secret to put in js/index.js
  4. Now if you put a meeting id and password, you can join as a attendee to an existing meeting. No problem
  5. But instead try this. Create a meeting in the zoom app or in a zoom.us website but do not start the meeting. Then use that meeting ID and password of the meeting in the sample html page and select “HOST”. Now try to start the meeting. It will fail each and every time.

So the sample webpage works fine as an attendee, but it is unable to start a meeting as a host. Happy to share the AppID and Secret in case it helps - but I couldnt figure out on how to DM you.

Hey @dev7,

Can you try enabling the join before host setting?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We’ve enabled the Join Before Host setting, but the problem persists, unfortunately.

Tested on 1.7.8, both local and CDN versions.

Thanks,
Ricardo

Hey @Mallols,

Please describe your issue and screenshots and steps to reproduce.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the support @tommy

We’ve tried again today, without any changes, and we managed to connect successfully on both the local and CDN version. Based on that, we suppose it is / was a server-related issue.

BTW as other users already reported, we’ve also noticed that the same error is reported if the meeting ID is wrong - we had to create a meeting upfront -either manually or programmatically via API, and then use the same ID without any spaces or dashes to join.

Even though it is obviously normal to get an error when the meeting ID is wrong, I suppose having some specific details about the particular problem may help to differentiate it from other (apparently) unrelated problems, IMHO.

Thanks again!
Ricardo

Hi @tommy as you said, That the issue will be solve by updating account to pro. But the issue is still not solve please tell me what to do?

Hey @Mallols,

Glad you got it working!

I agree, we are working on improving all the error messaging.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @asantech555,

Please share a GitHub repo with the issue so I can test the issue locally and debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy i am facing with this same issue again in version of 1.7.7

Hey @hs99215,

Please create a new topic and fill out the post template so we have enough information to assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy