ZOOM API account /phone/call_logs not returning all call logs

Description
Call logs for the calls that were handled by “Auto Receptionists” are not returned properly by Account Call Logs API (/phone/call_logs).
API returns only first incoming call info but should also return information about final user that answered the call. As a result all calls that were forwarded by Auto Receptionists and accebted by users are returned from API as calls with no userd_id and no recording_id (we have auto recording ON for all users).
Same time I can get correct call logs when using /phone/users/{userId}/call_logs API.
But I need to use account call logs API to not hit API trottling because call logs is heavy class of Zoom API.

Error
Call logs for calls that were forwarded by “Auto Receptionists” are not returned with user info. So its impossible to get understanding why answered the call.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT Auth, server to server scenario

Which Endpoint/s?
/phone/call_logs

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. call /phone/call_logs
  2. find calls with “path”: “autoReceptionist”
  3. Call log has no user_id

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
We cannot iterate all users and get logs personally for them using /phone/users/{userId}/call_logs api as we will hit API trottling for heavy apis.

Hi @eugene.polozhenkov,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to the Zoom Developer Community.

You raise a great point, and I understand that you’ve noticed that for calls answered by the auto-receptionist, a user_id is not provided. At the moment, you’re correct that our API will not return the user_id of the individual who ultimately ended up with the call, though this is a great suggestion, and I’m happy to submit a feature request for this. (ZOOM-250133)

In the meantime, if you wish to retrieve all call logs for a user, the best method would be to call that user’s call logs directly, as you mentioned (using GET User’s Call Logs). That said, I do realize this is not an ideal method and would eat into your available rate limits. I have passed this feedback along and will advocate for more user info to be returned from calls logged by auto receptionists on this endpoint.

Lastly, if you wish to limit the number of requests you need to make to the Zoom APIs, I recommend checking out our available Phone Webhooks:

Webhooks do not count towards your available API quota, and are a great way to reduce the number of calls you need to make to our endpoints.

While not the exact answer you were hoping for I’m sure, I do hope it helps.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Hi Will!

Thanks for the detailed answer!
Where I can find the ZOOM-250133 tiket? Want to monitor it and use updated API just after implementation.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Eugene

Hi @eugene.polozhenkov,

Happy to help! ZOOM-250133 is an internal identifier—for updates on the status of this, please check back here on this thread.

Thank you,
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.