Zoom API - Get call log details "log_details" property is empty

## Get call log details

When I call the endpoint the property “log_details” is always an empty array, do I need any additional parameters or specific permissions to see the values on the property?

I created a Server-to-Server OAuth app to get credentials to access the API and set scopes as specified on API docs:

My user is administrator for my my account

I’m using postman to test

Example response:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Hi @jaricardodev
Welcome to our community and thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum!
I am happy to help here!
I actually did some testing on my end and got the same results than you. My log_details array is empty.
Allow me some time to reach out to the Phone team and Engineering to gather some information to share with you.
Best,
Elisa

Hi @jaricardodev
Thanks for your patience while I work on this issue.
As I mentioned previously I was able to replicate this issue on my end and I just reached out to our Engineering team to learn more about this issue. (ZOOM-408620. internal ticket for reference)
I will come back with an update shortly
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi @jaricardodev
Thank you for your patience while I worked on this issue further.

I was able to hear back from our Team and they confirmed that this is the expected behavior.

According to design, the log_details is used to indicate whether the call is forwarded to another user, and as our API doc says it indicate the child records.

So if this is just a one way call, which means User A called User B, there are not log_details value.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

I took some time to reply to test properly the scenario I’m using

I’m basically creating a conference call as stated on this doc: Using Zoom Phone conference call – Zoom Support

The scenarios where I tried can be found by doing a call to the API as:

None of the log records has details in it

If this is not the right way to identify Merged calls, can you point me to what is?

Hi @jaricardodev
Sorry for the late response.
I am looking into this issue and I am not finding a way to report the merged calls.
As I said in my previous message, the log_details will get populated when the call is forwarded to another user and not when the call has been merged.

I will go ahead and create an internal ticket with more details and example API calls to see if I can get some suggestions from my team or a workaround and I will come back to you shortly.

Best,
Elisa

Hi @jaricardodev
Thank you for your patience while I worked on this issue further.
I reached out to some of my colleagues and also to our Engineering team and unfortunately we do not have a way to track if a call was merged or not, if you have noticed when calling the Get call log details endpoint, they show up in the response body as individual calls.

Feel free to make a feature request here for that issue:

Cheers,
Elisa

Thanks for try to resolve the problem

1 Like