Zoom API integration guidance

Hi all

I need a general guidance on the design of our backend integration with zoom.
We would like to have new feature in our app and users will be having a group discussions using Zoom.

• Every 3 months we will set up new groups and the people in the group will have weekly meetings. Each group’s meeting will be in different time slots as they choose, but of course there will be many groups meeting will be overlapping.
  • Let’s say we have about 15000 users and each group have 8 users, meaning we will need about 2000 zoom meetings set up, in every 3 months.
  • What I am thinking is creating these meetings, with a host account from the company, and adding these 8 participants through API. Meeting will be created with “join_before_host” set to true. So, those 8 people will have the discussion, no host will be joining.

Not sure whether it is feasible. First of all, I see create meeting daily rate limiting of 100 calls, how can we create those 2000 meetings?
Also, what happens if two or more meetings happens at the same time?

Any suggestions?
Regards

@elisa.zoom , seen you replying questions. Maybe you can help me on this?

Hi @erdinc,
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community, I am happy to help here!

• Every 3 months we will set up new groups and the people in the group will have weekly meetings. Each group’s meeting will be in different time slots as they choose, but of course there will be many groups meeting will be overlapping.
  • Let’s say we have about 15000 users and each group have 8 users, meaning we will need about 2000 zoom meetings set up, in every 3 months.

So my first question is… are these 15000 users part of the same account? or are these external users that you are trying to get to join a Zoom meeting?

• What I am thinking is creating these meetings, with a host account from the company, and adding these 8 participants through API. Meeting will be created with “join_before_host” set to true. So, those 8 people will have the discussion, no host will be joining.

You can do this and allow attendees to join before the host or you could potentially add some users as alternative hosts so they will be able to host the meeting in case the assigned host does not join.

About the meeting creation, yes there is a daily rate limit of 100 calls, so you would have to programmatically create those meetings over the course of some days.

About hosting those 2000 meetings, will all the meetings be created under the same account?

Learn more about hosting concurrent meetings here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Hosting-concurrent-meetings

Let me know if this helps,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom
Thanks for the answers

They are our users, so external users. We have their email addresses, so we add them to the corresponding meeting.

Ok, this makes sense.

This will probably be a bottleneck. Any suggestions?

Yes, I am thinking about under the same account, i.e. company zoom account. Is there a better way?

It says maximum of 2 concurrent meetings can happen. I am guessing in our case, we could easily hit 100 meetings happening at the same time. Also, it mentions host must start the meeting. The idea is host, i.e. the company zoom account, will create these meetings, but the the group can start and have the meeting, without the host.
I think this again a question of how to design the system?

Erdinc

Thanks for sharing more details with me @erdinc

So it looks like these users are external and they are NOT part of your Zoom account, is that right?
About the meeting creation, maybe we could look into a way to increase your limits, but the use case must be strong and that will be a process handled by the Developer Support team here:

About meetings happening at the same time, then you can create meetings for different users under your account so they can happen at the same time because only 2 concurrent meetings can happen for each host.

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.