Zoom API user creation fails

Hello,

I am trying to create users in Zoom via API. We have a Zoom United Enterprise with US/CA Unlimited Calling plan.

Which means that API’s “plan_united_type”: “1024” should work, according to the document found here: Zoom Meeting API - User Create.

However, it doesn’t work, it comes back with an error: “The value provided for plan_united_type parameter is invalid. Try again with a valid value."

EP:
{{baseDomain}}/v2/users

REQ:
{
“action”: “create”,
“user_info”: {
“email”: “zgtest2@…com”,
“first_name”: “Zdan”,
“last_name”: “Test2”,
“display_name”: “Zdan Test2”,
“type”: 2,
“feature”: {
“zoom_phone”: true,
“zoom_one_type”: 16
},
“plan_united_type”: “1024”
}
}

RES:
{
“code”: 300,
“message”: “The value provided for plan_united_type parameter is invalid. Try again with a valid value.”
}

This is the base example in the documentation. Is “Zoom United Enterprise with US/CA Unlimited Calling” plan not the right one to have for this… or am I interpreting this wrong?

Thanks! Dan

Hi @zguzijan
Thanks for reaching out to us, I am happy to help here.
Have you tried passing the plan_united_type: 1 instead of 1024?
I am not very familiar with the different license options we have but could you confirm if you have a Pro licences or a Bussiness one?

Hi Elisa,

thanks for responding to the ticket. As mentioned in the o.p. we have the “Zoom United Enterprise with US/CA Unlimited Calling” license.

I have tried 1 instead of 1024, did not work.

Resorting to trial and error with various combinations I have found that by removing “feature” section from the json, then the call works with 1024.

Of course, I have no idea why it would work or not work, as the original document example includes it and it kinda makes sense.

Thanks.

Interesting @zguzijan
Can you share with me the JSON object you are sending and that it is actually working?
I am curious to know what’s going on and investigate this further

Hi Elise, here are the payloads, request and response respectively.

{
  "action": "create",
  "user_info": {
    "email": "zgtest2@compassdatacenters.com",
    "first_name": "Zdan",
    "last_name": "Test2",
    "display_name": "Zdan Test2",
    "type": 2,
    "plan_united_type": "1024"
  }
}
{
    "id": "x3pGofqeSka__WZeh_n3Eg",
    "first_name": "Zdan",
    "last_name": "Test2",
    "email": "zgtest2@compassdatacenters.com",
    "type": 2
}

Thanks for sharing your findings with me
@zguzijan

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.