Zoom Branding Question

Description
We are planning on submitting an app to the Zoom Marketplace and want to make sure it is okay to use the name Zoom in the product title (ex. Zoom xx) and domain (ex. xxzoom.com). Can you please confirm this or provide me guidance on this matter. TY

Error
na

Which App?
na

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Install App
  2. Click this button
  3. See error
    NA

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.
NA

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.
NA

Hey @crzyg8r,

Good question! We do not allow the Zoom name present in your app name because it goes against our branding guidelines. You can see our branding guidelines here: https://zoom.us/marketplace_developer_agreement

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I went through the document you provided and the only thing I see pertaining to this is that it states you can’t use the name Zoom in a domain or trademark, but I don’t see anything indicating that it can’t be in a product name.

And for example, Logitech has a product called Room Solutions for Zoom Rooms, Microsoft has a product called Zoom for Outlook, and a keyword search of the Zoom Marketplace for the word Zoom https://marketplace.zoom.us/search?q=zoom yields 2 pages of apps that use Zoom in their titles and URLs.

So can you please provide some more specifics or details on this as we of course want to ensure that we are compliant, but at the same time want to give our new product the best branding opportunity possible as our desired name is Custom Zoom Pages and customzoompages.com. TY

Hey @crzyg8r,

We will be correcting Legacy apps published on the Marketplace with this naming convention soon.

When you make this change, please edit all references to your App’s name that may exist in your documentation or other locations.

You can leave Zoom out of your App name, but still mention it is built for Zoom on your documentation and marketing.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,
So is this a recent change? Cause you are saying legacy products have been allowed to use the naming convention, but from what I can tell several of the products in the marketplace have pretty recent dates in their documentation. And if you are saying they will be “correcting” legacy apps, does this mean they will be forced to change their names? Again, we just want to give our product the best chance to succeed and finding out this late in the game that you can’t use the zoom name is definitely a set back. Thanks.

Hey @crzyg8r,

Here are the branding resources:

If you follow these guidelines you will be good to get your app approved and published. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.