Zoom Client for ARM based Systems

Strange. When visiting the PWA link above on Firefox I only saw a white screen.
When visiting the Google Play Store it indicates Zoom for Chrome - PWA is not available on my device (Pinebook Pro.)

+1.
Only reliable zoom client for ARM64 is stopping me from using only PinePhone for my daily activities. Web app crashes firefox after several seconds and it’s almost unusable on this low-spec device. I’ll try box86 solution, but I don’t have much hope. Please provide armhf build for zoom client, audio only support would be nice as a first step.

Asahi Linux makes it possible to install Linux on Apple Silicon based Macs. Linux support for those systems has greatly improved in the last year. I installed Asahi on my Mac, and Zoom is the only application that I cannot get to work. I’m already looking for alternatives that won’t force me to reboot.

Remember Adobe Flash that was so painfully slow to make an x86_64 version? Where is Flash now? ARM is the new platform adopted by computer enthusiasts, just like x86_64 used to be. Don’t tell me that I don’t need an ARM processor in my laptop or that I should stick with MacOS and Homebrew on my development machine so I can use your app.

1 Like

I’m also exploring Asahi on M2 and since Asahi/M2 uses a 16K pagesize (vs x86_64’s 4K) you can’t even run Zoom via qemu-x86_64-static unfortunately. Need to run a full QEMU VM with x86_64 and less than ideal performance. Shame.

This is usually a feasible workaround for aarch64 Linux environments. You can run a podman container forwarding the display to X or Wayland and it will work OK generally. Not on Apple M series.

Another +1 for linux-aarch64 support.

+1 for Linux on ARM64.