Zoom / Cornerstone - API Not retrieving Attendance Report

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
On about a third of meetings used within the Cornerstone Platform, the attendance report does not generate back when requested. Full attendance is captured within Zoom.

Error
No error message - Will not populate the attendance list when requested.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @chris_lunde,

Thanks for reaching out about this. In the instances where attendance isn’t being reflected in Cornerstone, do you know if attendees may have accessed Zoom via the browser? This is one common scenario for this, as attendance isn’t captured for meetings accessed via the browser.

Additionally, is there any chance these were single participant meetings? These will also not be reflected in attendance reports in Cornerstone.

If this isn’t the case, does the attendance appear after 24 hours, or never appear?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom - Thank you for jumping in. Here are the responses from our team:

In the instances where attendance isn’t being reflected in Cornerstone, do you know if attendees may have accessed Zoom via the browser? This is one common scenario for this, as attendance isn’t captured for meetings accessed via the browser. - All attendees are joining via the Cornerstone platform, which is browser based in theory. Do you mean using a separate link direct into the training via Cornerstone? We know that if someone joins directly from Zoom that it would not register.

Additionally, is there any chance these were single participant meetings? These will also not be reflected in attendance reports in Cornerstone. - No, all of these trainings that have had issues were 20+ users.

If this isn’t the case, does the attendance appear after 24 hours, or never appear? - Our trainers were advised to always wait 24hrs before requesting attendance. Even well after, no attendance is listed and never does show up.

Hi @chris_lunde,

Thanks for sharing these details.

Regarding your first point—I want to clarify that if users join via the regular Zoom Desktop or Mobile app, attendance should be reflected. But to clarify, if users join via the Web Client, it will not:

Having said that, do you have a recent meeting ID you can share? This will help me to take a closer look.

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom - Here is a recent Meeting ID that had the same issue.

Meeting ID: 93321314453
Date: 3/24
Time: 6p - 7p EST

Trainer waited 26 hrs before requesting Attendance and it came back empty.

@will.zoom Here is another one that just came across.

Meeting ID: 928 2127 1739
Date: 3/26
Time: 9am -10 am

Trainer ran report this morning and attendance came back empty. Zoom reports show 11 attendees. All attendees joined from CSOD platform.

Hi @chris_lunde,

Thanks for getting back to me with these examples. I’ve shared these with our Engineering team, and we’re looking into it for you (ZOOM-261994).

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom - Do we have an update from the Engineering team on this issue? Cornerstone has vetted their logs and seem to point to this being a Zoom error.

Hi @chris_lunde,

Thanks for following up on this. Our Engineering team has confirmed that this appears to be a bug, and we are working to release a fix in the coming weeks. (ZOOM-261994).

Thanks again for raising this with us—we’re working to address this.
Will

Hi @will.zoom - Checking back in on this. Any update on when a bug fix may be addressed?

Thanks,
Chris

Hey @chris_lunde ,

I am happy to share that this bug will be fixed in a release currently scheduled for later this month. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Thank you @tommy!

Will you be able to provide confirmation when this release has been implemented? And I am assuming this is web based and not Client related?

Hi @chris_lunde,

We’ll be happy to update this thread! And yes, I believe this will be addressed on our backend and shouldn’t require a client update.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @chris_lunde,

Our Engineering team believes that this attendance issue should now be resolved. Can I kindly ask you to check and see if you’re still seeing this issue?

Thanks,
Will

Thank you @will.zoom - This is great news! Unfortunately, we have manually updated the attendance lists for the affected meetings as they come in so we can’t test that it has been resolved.

Since the issue was sporadic - we will keep watch for the next few weeks and will report back if we see any discrepancies.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks @chris_lunde! Keep us posted. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.