Zoom Error: This account does not exist or does not belong to you

Description
I can’t tell why this happens happens often. After a period of usage I get the error: This account does not exist or does not belong to you. The source of the error is always from a wrong SDK key. This is the fourth time it has happened and all three times prior to now, my SDK key has always been correct.

Also, in all three times, there has not been a real change made from our end to solve the error, the error just goes away by itself at all three times, or just changed to different error.

Browser Console Error
errorCode: 200
reason: “This account does not exist or does not belong to you”
type: “JOIN_MEETING_FAILED”

Which Web Video SDK version?
Video sdk version: 1.5.5

Video SDK Code Snippets
await zmClient.join(topic, signature, name, password).catch((e) => {
console.log(e);
});

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: [e.g. Macbook Pro]
  • Browser: Chrome, Firefox
1 Like

I cannot get zoom to join the meeting I don’t understand why please help? Thank you Rick Peabody

@ric248 from the error message, there is a possibility you are using the wrong secret and ID for your sdk authentication

@chunsiong.zoom in my case, I am using the right credentials. Like I said, this is the fourth time it has happened. And the main issue has been the SDK key, which doesn’t change.

So how do I solve this?

@godwin.owonam sorry to hear that.

I need some context, previously for the 3 times which happened, did it resolve by itself?

Does it happen only when the identical sessionName is being reused for multiple times?

Yes, twice it resolved by itself. But the third time, it just changed to a different error.

@chunsiong.zoom could using identical sessionName be an issue, as this has been working for a long time now.

Hello, my log in I can do manually but when I click on the link it just goes to a zoom page and it says join meeting at the bottom of the page but you click on join meeting and it does nothing? What can I do to fix this what is this SDK you’re talking about how do I fix this so my zoom will go right to zoom by the link that they sent me? You used to work on my Samsung 6 tablet but no it won’t it will work on my phone but that’s it please help me to fix this thank you Rick

@ric248 , this might be the wrong forum for you. This is for developers building on Zoom platform.
Could you try https://community.zoom.com/ this forum instead?

@chunsiong.zoom , good day.

Sorry, to be a little bit more pushy but this problems turns to be very critical for us as we can’t safely deploy to our production and we have a very tough deadline to follow.

As stated the Video SDK behaves randomly where it sometimes has no problem with the current SDK key and sometimes it throws error for the same SDK key, “This account does not exist or does not belong to you”. Since it works sometimes we can be sure that they SDK key and client secret combination is valid.

We are very sure that we did not change anything in regards to the zoom authentication in previous times but it randomly started working again in those instances. This is not a reliable working behaviour for us.

Now the open question is what else can throw the error on the Zoom Video SDK? Is there any documentation or developer that can answer this?

You mentioned there might be a problem caused by “identical sessionName”. Based on the error response it does not seem to be connected with the sessionName as otherwise the response should resemble something like, “An identical sessionName exists already in this account”.

Please, I would appreciate every valuable response that can help us fix this as it is not helping our project schedule.

@godwin.owonam I’ve dropped 2 private message to you. I need you to capture the web tracking ID for your case. If you don’t see them, let me know.

Sorry, to be a little bit more pushy but this problems turns to be very critical for us as we can’t safely deploy to our production and we have a very tough deadline to follow.

As stated the Video SDK behaves randomly where it sometimes has no problem with the current SDK key and sometimes it throws error for the same SDK key, “This account does not exist or does not belong to you”. Since it works sometimes we can be sure that they SDK key and client secret combination is valid.

We are very sure that we did not change anything in regards to the zoom authentication in previous times but it randomly started working again in those instances. This is not a reliable working behaviour for us.

For your case, it might be something different. Typically here are the possible causes of “This account does not exist or belong to you”. Remember these cases might not be applicable to your issue

• Mistakenly use Meeting SDK Credentials for Video SDK
  • Within Video SDK, mistakenly use ClientID & Client Secret instead SDK Key & SDK Secret

Now the open question is what else can throw the error on the Zoom Video SDK? Is there any documentation or developer that can answer this?

I need the web tracking Id to investigate to be sure.

You mentioned there might be a problem caused by “identical sessionName”. Based on the error response it does not seem to be connected with the sessionName as otherwise the response should resemble something like, “An identical sessionName exists already in this account”.

Please, I would appreciate every valuable response that can help us fix this as it is not helping our project schedule.

There are some troubleshooting steps around for this observation, but it does not solve the root cause.

I would typically ask if this happens for specific sessionName or all sessionNames within the account.

Ultimately, the web tracking id gives would allow us to take a look at it in detail.

@chunsiong.zoom
I have replied your message.
Also none of the above is the case with us as the SDK was working before it just crashed with the error.

Currently the SDK fails for all sessionNames within the account.

Hi @chunsiong.zoom

Thanks for all your help. Your responses were quite helpful.

The issue has been resolved and the cause of it was the length of the session key.
Please, I would solicit for better response reasons in error messages. And I know, of course, not just me, but other developers as well.

I also found out that the length of the topic could also be an issue. So please, better error messages would really help.

If the error message was more narrow and pin-pointed, it would have saved us the week spent troubleshooting and seeking help in the forum.

Once again, thanks and best regards
@godwin.owonam