Zoom Gallery View Options for Host

I am recommending gallery view options for hosts. In addition to the random order as it currently occurs, I would like to see three options: 1. Participants are displayed randomly (current setting) #2 Participants to be placed in alphabetical order #3 Participants are placed in a SET GRID VIEW which would be an established seating chart for that meeting group. This set grid would have an empty box or “absent” indicator if the participant has not joined the meeting. Hosts/teachers could quickly identify who is in the meeting and who is not. Participants would be able to identify if their teammates/classmates are present at a glance.

Is your feature request related to a problem?

With so many teachers using zoom, this would allow for quick attendance taking, easily locating of students who are sharing/showing something to the teacher/host, and activities to be completed in a set order of participants. When students lose internet or leave, the gallery shifts. Having a set spot for each member of an established meeting group would mean their spot remains. Learning students names and establishing relationships with them would be simplified.

2 Likes

This would be hugely beneficial. As a teacher that is required to take attendance twice a day, I would be able to tell at a glance who is present. I have many students with internet issues and my grid view changes constantly. A locked grid view would make attendance so much easier.

3 Likes

I 100% agree! It can be crazy making to constantly have to “find” kids on Zoom when they jump around on the screen. Please give options to set them in place. Thanks

2 Likes

Having the set grid view will allow teachers to get to know their students with more ease. It will allow teachers to know who is sharing something without having to squint our eyes and have to guess who it is. As a teacher, I love, love the idea Mary has brought to attention. Besides allowing teachers to locate students faster, it will allow lessons to run smoothly and faster as the teacher will not be held back when calling/looking for students. Giving options to set students in a certain view, will be very much appreciated from teachers around the world.

2 Likes

I agree 100% Zoom needs a feature to allow for a “seating chart” style grid view. It is taking teachers way too long to take attendance!

4 Likes

We NEED a seating chart. ASAP!!

2 Likes

This would seriously be a HUGE help!! I love Zoom and the ability to place students in even alphabetical order would be a huge help!

3 Likes

Yes! Seating chart we can save and the ability to put order the participants in alphabetical order. This will help with attendance that I have to take 4 times a day!