Zoom is not presenting meeting over controller

Hello,
I am implementing Zoom to iOS using SDK. The problem is, meeting screen is not showing up. All the configuration set properly (I tried the same config with a clean project and everything worked just fine).
I thought maybe it can’t be presented due to hierarchy, but there’s nothing in logs (sometimes it shows error that controller can’t be presented) and also I tried setting blank controller as a rootViewController, but Zoom still didn’t present anything over it.

The way I am starting meeting:
let ms = MobileRTCMeetingService()
var param: MobileRTCMeetingStartParam? = nil
let user = MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4LoginlUser()
param = user
param?.noAudio = false
param?.noVideo = false
param?.isAppShare = false
DispatchQueue.main.async {
if let param = param {
let error = ms.startMeeting(with: param)
print(“STARTED”, error)
}
}

It returns me:
MobileRTCMeetError(rawValue: 0) (As much as I understand, meaning success)

Also, if I try to start the meeting second time, it will return me error 152 (The meeting is already in progress), meaning that the meeting starts successfully, but it just doesn’t change anything for user.

And yeah, I tried:
MobileRTC.shared().setMobileRTCRootController(self.navigationController)

it didn’t help :frowning:

IMPORTANT!
Also, logs return me this message:
**Cannot retrieve the container URL for the application group identifier group.us.zoom. Make sure that it has been added to the com.apple.security.application-groups entitlement.**
I read that it happens when you use screenshare sdk, but we’re not using it anywhere and we’re not assigning anything to group id etc

Thank you.

SDK version is v4.4.57220.1211

Hi muhannad,

Thanks for the post, and thanks for providing the information. The code snippet looks good, and the return value 0 means the meeting is on but just the view is not showing up. Are you using SceneDelegate or just AppDelegate?

Regarding the group ID, that group ID is only included in the demo app’s entitlement:https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/search?q=group.us.zoom&unscoped_q=group.us.zoom, if you are using screen share, you might need to follow the instruction here to configure the screen sharing feature: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/zoom-meeting-ui/screen-share, if you are not using screen share, you may just remove the screen share framework and the extension from your project.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. The meeting is connecting, I can hear the sound, the video and sound is available for the host, but the user on iOS SDK cannot see anything. I am sure I am missing something obvious, please could you point me in the right direction?

I have managed to resolve this by removing the sceneDelegate and ensuring the line:

self.modalPresentationStyle = UIModalPresentationFullScreen;

is in the ‘.m’ file of the view controller joining the meeting.

Hi danielrothwell,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and glad to hear that you have resolved this issue. Yes, our iOS SDK does not support sceneDelegate at the moment since we are not supporting Xcode 11 yet. We are working on bringing the support.

Thanks!