Zoom "Joining Fail" No Matter What We Try

Description
At least once a week now, all our clients and ourselves no matter what meeting ID we use, no matter what configuration, every type of account type, hundreds of different meetings and webinars really … all experience an error that looks like this (from Zoom’s own sample app, to confirm it’s not something wrong with our implementation):

Error

See screenshot above, and here’s the log output:

errorCode: 1
errorMessage: "Joining fail"
method: "join"
result: null

Which version?

All versions, 1.7.7, 1.7.6, 1.7.5

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Every single device we try, mobile/desktop, Chrome/Firefox/Safari, everything. We can’t find a device that works, we don’t think this is device specific.

Additional context
We are losing customers every single week because of Zoom. We have sold hundreds of thousands of dollars of licenses for Zoom through our customers because we recommend the platform. This is absolutely horrendous and unacceptable, and it happens weekly. Even things like randomly disabling Q&A and more, just outrageous. We need some sort of an explanation about what is going on at Zoom, and we are actively working to migrate all our customers and future ones off Zoom but in the meantime we need this resolved.

@tommy @michael_p.zoom Please don’t tell us to send you meeting IDs and you’ll investigate further, we’ve been down that so many times already. We need a real explanation, this is beyond frustrating.

Hi @rahul2,

Can you provide the marketplace developer email & meeting IDs that are causing the error? We’ve noticed that majority of the errors comes from invalid Meeting/Webinar IDs or deleted ones.

Thanks

@michael_p.zoom I wish that was true, but we have generated so many new meeting and webinar IDs and we have at least a hundred different customers which were using the platform just fine but then at a moment’s notice for all of them (literally tens of thousands of attendees) the platform just wouldn’t connect any longer. This is something much deeper than any particular meeting or webinar IDs. I can’t even provide you with the meeting IDs causing the error, because there are hundreds of them. You can see one of many sample ones we tried in the screenshot I posted above.

Sent you a direct message with the developer email.

Thanks Michael

Sorry, can’t figure out how to send you a direct message for some reason. How I can privately send you additional details?

Hey @rahul2,

Thanks for sending the issue to developersupport@zoom.us, we will assist you there.

-Tommy

Same problem here.
ZoomMtg.join fails with {method: “join”, status: false, result: null, errorMessage: “Joining fail”, errorCode: 1}

Hey @ferdinando,

Please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

I have tried the with proper key, but it shows joining fail, my team expecting to integrate zoom ASAP,
Please help me to complete the zoom integration.

Hey @jagathprasad0,

How are you generating the Web SDK signature?

If you could, please send a GitHub repo with the issue so I can debug locally.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
As per your request I have created a repository
in that I have mentioned two types of generating the signature and init zoom meeting.
for those two types , error I have added in the repository itself.
Please help me I have to finish this issue ASAP.

type 1 error.

type 2 error, in that please ignore the google api issue.

Please update, I am waiting for your response.

@tommy please help me to fix this.

Thanks @jagathprasad0,

I will get back to you today after I test it.

-Tommy

Thanks for your response.

Hey @jagathprasad0,

Please also provide the code for generating the signature:

I cannot get your app to work without this.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy, I have added the file already in the repository,

Please update me.If anything required.

Hey @jagathprasad0,

I have replied to you via private message.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

We are facing same issue of “Joining fail”. We also have multiple clients running with Meeting IDs and Passwords double checked multiple times. And, after a while the same meetings start to join without any change on our side. We are generating signature server side using sample code provided in documentation.

Please help!

Regards,
Muhammad Ahmed

Hey @mohdahmed,

Can you provide a Web SDK signature for one of your meetings (can be a test meeting) that threw the “joining fail” error to developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Here is the signature of a meeting where we received Joining fail error.

Thanks,
Ahmed