Zoom not sending webhooks using production credentials for developer account

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Zoom Meeting Events and Webhooks, meeting.started, meeting.updated, recording.completed, meeting.created, user.settings_updated, etc.

Description
Zoom not sending the events on production webhook url even the developer account is integrated using production credentials while in testing phase. The zoom webhooks are working fine for development credentials. Zoom generates the access token and other things but not sending webhooks on production url of webhook.

Oauth App
Account Level app

When we integrate the zoom account using development credentials everything works fine but when we integrate using production credentials then zoom generates the access token and other things but not sending the webhooks for all the users in the account that is integrated. The account used to integrate is developer account. The production and development webhooks url are also validated.

Error?
No error messages

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
*1. Integrate the Oauth app type using production credentials and then check the webhook whether the events are logged or not.
*2. Oauth app
*3. No errors

Hi @ranjeet
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
To be able to use your production credentials, your application must be published in the Marketplace.

For testing purposes, you should be using your development credentials

Hope this helps,
Elisa

1 Like

Hey @elisa.zoom ,
Thanks for confirming. But there is cleary written in the app that you can test this app for developer account using production credentials and publishable url without publishing the app.
Even I integrate with the production credentials the access tokens and other stuffs are generated correctly but webhooks are not working correctly.

1. If zoom generated the access tokens and other stuffs using production credentials then why not the webhooks are working.
  2. If we can only use production credentials after app get published, then why zoom generates working access tokens and refresh tokens for that app before app gets published.
  3. To be able to use your production credentials, your application must be published in the Marketplace=> I am able to use production credentials even before the app get published but the webhooks are not working. Thats what I am asking to zoom that even you are generating the tokens why not sending the webhooks.

Example:
Lets say you have integrated the zoom app and you have the access tokens and refresh tokens from which you can generate new tokens and call zoom apis, but you don’t get any events that you have selected on events section even the webhooks are validated. So this is an issue or feature from zoom side.

Interesting @ranjeet
Can you please double-check if when generating the Testable URL, the clientID is the one for development?

From the testing that I have done on my end and as far as I am aware, to use prod credentials the app must be published in the Marketplace. But I am happy to look into this further to figure out what’s going on here :slight_smile:
Best,
Elisa

Hey @elisa.zoom ,
Yes, the clientidand clientsecret usedto generate testable url and those are development ClientId and ClientSecret.
For generating the production publishable url we use the production credentials i.e production ClientId and ClientSecret for developer account.
When integrating the zoom app if we integrate using development testable url then BETA keyword is shown in front of the heading of the integration when we are allowing the permissions. But if we integrate using publishable url then there is not BETA keyword there in front of the heading while integrating the zoom app.

We will be able to generate access token using both development and production credentials for developer account.
As fas as we know we can use production credentials for developer account to test the things working correctly on production environment.

You can confirm this with your developer team. If integration is possible using production credentials for developer account then why not the webhooks are sent on production webhook url.

@elisa.zoom Any updates on the above message.

Hello @ranjeet
I am really sorry for the late response.
I will update you shortly.
Best,
Elisa

Hi @ranjeet
Could you please confirm with me if you have requested a Publishable URL to our Marketplace team? And if so, if this request was approved? This will help me have more clarity on how is it that you are able to generate access tokens using your production credentials.
Thanks
Elisa

@elisa.zoom No, We haven’t requested a Publishable Url to your marketplace team.

@ranjeet
I am sending you a direct message with follow up questions

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.