Zoom Phone Tracked Locations Endpoint

Documentation

Zoom Phone e911 tracked locations:
…methods/#operation/listTrackedLocations (I can’t have links in my posts…?)

Problem

When type is set to 6 for Real-time Location for IP Phones for a site in my tenant I get the expected response if there is data:
{ 'next_page_token': '', 'page_size': 30, 'total_records': 8, 'location_tracking': [ <records here> ] }

If there are no records, I also get the expected response:
{ 'next_page_token': '', 'page_size': 30, 'total_records': 0 }

Why when I set the type to 5 the response is entirely different:
{ 'page_number': 1, 'page_size': 30, 'location_tracking': [] }

The type of 5 corresponds to Real-time Location for Users which I interpret to mean users on soft clients (based on what I can see in the portal)

Question

Why is this response different, and furthermore I don’t get any response data when calling this endpoint with type=5, with any of: unknown, company, or personal location types passed despite seeing what this endpoint should return via the Zoom Phone dashboard.

Example

For example, here’s my serialized request url with my site ID omitted:
https://api.zoom.us/v2/phone/metrics/location_tracking?site_id=<omitted>&type=5&location_type=unknown

This returns:
{ 'page_number': 1, 'page_size': 30, 'location_tracking': []} which differs from any other endpoint I’ve called with Zoom in regards to the approach to pagination, and this endpoint should be returning data because it’s available in the dashboard.

Can anyone clarify this formatting for me and some insight as to why this particular type (5) doesn’t return any data?

Setup

Python 3.12.x
Requests 2.32.x

Hi @h4yf
Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I’ll send you a direct message to gather more information about the issue so I can report it to our Engineering team.

According to our TAM, although documented these parameters are not actually operational and the documentation will reflect this.

For anyone else who encounters this, as of today this REST endpoint only supports the type param of 6 despite what the documentation says - I would really like to know who reviews documentation as we waited over two weeks to learn this.

This question/ thread can be closed - answer is provided in this post

Hi @h4yf
Thanks for updating this thread
I did not get a follow-up on the DM I sent but I will look into this and share this feedback with our Docs team

Morning Elisa,

Apologies for not responding to your DM, Zoom had closed my support ticket erroneously and told me to post my issue here, and then reopened the ticket once they were aware of the error and our conversation continued there.

My update here is what we got back from our TAM after the backend engineering team concluded their results and as of now there is no timeline when this REST endpoint will be operational.

If a timeline is published I can update this ticket with that information, but as of now there’s no need for support as we wait for the services to reflect the documentation.

Thanks a lot for sharing that with me