Zoom/Salesforce API Integration

Description
We are looking to modify Salesforce triggers/API (not sure which exactly) to take the zip code from the Zoom Webinar Registrant salesforce object and essentially copy that to related lead. In order for us make this happen, we need to understand how a lead is created from the Zoom integration. With that, I have a few questions:

Are there any instructions or a developer guide that walks one through how a lead is created? i.e. what is the process from when someone registers for a webinar to when a lead is created? When is a lead created? What processes are used in the background to create the lead?

I have been using the Zoom API guide but that doesn’t quite tell us through the journey - from when someone registers through zoom what is suppose to happen in Salesforce.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
We are using the Zoom App in Salesforce. It is integrated.

Let me know if there are any questions in order to help us!

Thanks

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Have you had a chance to check out the Zoom for Salesforce App Documentation?

Let me know if this helps—thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom -

Thanks for that. I have checked that out and it doesn’t really help. I’m more interested in the coding.

I’ll reword in a different way what is needed -

a) when is a lead created using the zoom platform? I see that the app is creating leads. I found a custom field “Create Lead” and assuming that is being used in some way.

b) The process /automation used to create the lead seems to be hidden in the APEX. Is that APEX customisable?

As I mentioned before the goal is to take the zip code from the zoom webinar object and transfer it to the lead object when the lead is created. Any feedback on how to make that possible, will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Unfortunately with the current SFDC integration, the custom registration questions are not supported, such as the Zip Code, but we are working on making it available.

Thanks,
Max

2 Likes

Thanks @MaxM and @will.zoom.

I’d like to confirm that the Salesforce integration only works zoom webinar and not zoom meeting? If that isn’t the case, what is the best way to connect zoom meetings?

End Goal: Capture those who register to our meetings and events using ZOOM MEETING and have it sent to Salesforce.

Thank you so much,
Shawn

Hey @shawn_jstreet,

Thank you for the update. You can definitely manage your meetings from within the Salesforce integration. If you’re just looking to capture registration information, you may find the functionality you are looking for in the Reports section, or, you would even be able to use the List Meeting Registrants API directly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.