Zoom_sdk_demo with Visual Studio 2019 (w/ additional screenshots)

Description
Building Zoom_sdk_demo with Visual Studio 2019 (Community) without upgrading configuration or retargeting projects.

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0428

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download, unzip current SDK.zip
  2. Navigate to [SDK_Unzip_folder]\demo\sdk_demo\sdk_demo_2017.sln (since there is no sdk_demo_2019.sln available)
  3. Retarget Projects Notice appears. (See attached Screenshot1)

Zoom “Getting Started” docs say to avoid doing “One-Way Upgrade” at this point.
Assuming that VS 2019’s ‘Retarget Projects’ notice results in the same/similar loss of SDK configuration data as VS 2017’s ‘One-Way Upgrade’, clicking Cancel on ‘Retarget Projects’ results in build errors because VS 2017 is not installed.
Changing the build configuration to use v142 (VC 2019) build tools results in other build errors.

Additional Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Unzipped SDK.zip to different folder,
  2. Clicked on [NEW_SDK_Unzip_folder]\demo\sdk_demo\sdk_demo_2017.sln,
  3. Clicked Ok on ‘Retarget Projects’

Build results in the same build errors as when Configuration was changed to use VS 2019 build tools after clicking Cancel on ‘Retarget Projects’

Does VS 2017 have to be installed side-by-side to build the sdk_demo? Can I even build an app that uses the C# wrapper to the Windows SDK in VS 2019 at all?

Screenshots
Screenshot1:

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: PC Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz, 32 GB RAM
  • Version Pro 1909

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

1 Like

Hi @744f1674,

Thanks for the post. Please have a try with the demo sdk_demo_v2 instead. The sdk_demo project will have some unexpected issues. I have just tried the sdk_demo_v2 project with VS2019 and it is working well.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hello,
I am trying to do the same thing as the original post. VS 2019 demo 2…

I can seem to get this #include to work
#include “UIlib.h”
using namespace DuiLib;

v4.6.21666.0428

I had the project set on Debug instead of Release…

Hi @jim.hubbard,

Thanks for the reply. Please use Release to build the demo app since our SDK only supports Release.

Thanks!