Zoom SDK visual studio 2017?

Description
I am currently trying to get windows SDK set up using VS 2017. I got VS 2017, due to all the documentation on zoom SDKs being 2017, I have created my SDK app in our test enviroment and downloaded the windows SDK folder from within here. When I try and open this in visual studio I only get the one option (sdk_demo_v2.sln), however I am looking to find the visual studio 2017 option like seen on this tutorial: Install the Zoom SDK - Getting Started - Windows - Client SDKs - Zoom Software Development Kit (Zoom SDK) - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference

When I try to run this sdk_demo_v2.sln, I get an error because its not visual studio 2019 ? It says :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB8020 The build tools for v142 (Platform Toolset = ‘v142’) cannot be found. To build using the v142 build tools, please install v142 build tools. Alternatively, you may upgrade to the current Visual Studio tools by selecting the Project menu or right-click the solution, and then selecting “Retarget solution”. sdk_demo_v2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.Cpp.Platform.targets 67

Which version?
Latest version

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Try running windows SDK on visual studio 2017

The version of this SDK is : v5.4.54524.1229

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

I apologize for the misleading documentation, we will get that updated! Please run sdk_demo_v2.sln using Visual Studio 2019 in release mode and let me know if you run into any other errors.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon

Unfortunately I only have visual studio 2017… Do I need updated to 2019 to run the SDK?

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

Yes, please update to VS2019.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

I have updated to 2019 and I am still getting errors. I’m not getting the option to change my debugger to release x84. Are these documents up to date? Or where can I find instructions to run the demo in 2019? Build, Run & Play - Getting Started - Windows - Client SDKs - Zoom Software Development Kit (Zoom SDK) - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference

Thanks,
Lauren

Hey @lauren.olphert,

The instructions are mostly up to do date, except for the fact that VS2019 must be used.
x86 is supported but not x64. If you arent getting the option to switch to release and x86, click Build → Configuration Manager → Then click the “Active solution platform” drop down and select “New”. From there you can specify x86 or Win32 by typing them into the “Type or select new platform” textbox. Change “Copy settings from” to “<empty>”.

If you are still receiving errors after that let me know.

Thanks!
Michael