Zoom_sdk_demo_v2 build fails in Visual Studio 2019

Description
Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition v16.6.2 build of Zoom sdk_demo_v2 fails.

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0428

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download, unzip Zoom Client sdk projects
  2. Double-click on ‘[UNZIP_DIR]\ZoomMeeting\zoom-sdk-windows-master\demo\sdk_demo_v2\sdk_demo_v2_2017.sln’
  3. Set build configurations according to attached Screentshots 1, 2, 3
  4. Click Visual Studio Local Windows Debugger
  5. Build fails. See attached Screenshot 4.

Screenshots
Screenshot1:

Screenshot2:

Screenshot3:

Screenshot4:

• Device: PC, Intel Core i7-7700 3.60GHz 3.60GHz 32MB RAM
  • Version: Pro, Build 1909

Additional context
FYI: Several compiler WARNINGS about the use of unsafe methods were replaced with recommended replacements.

Hi @744f1674,

Thanks for the post. Our SDK demo should work with VS2019. I saw in your Screenshot4, you are building the solution with Release and x64. Please note that our SDK currently only supports x86(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/windows/getting-started/build-run-play) so change it to x64 will not succeed.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Thanks. I hit the scroll button while selecting the platform dropbox and didn’t notice that it changed the selection to x64 (that’s happened to me before). The top of the build output scrolled off the screen so I missed that the output that revealed that platform was incorrect. I was focused on the linker errors at the bottom of the build output.

With platform set to x86 it builds as expected (there are, however, multiple warnings about the detection of unsafe method calls: i.e. – _wsprintf() instead of _wsprintf_s(), etc., but it’s a demo so I guess that’s acceptable.)

Hi @744f1674,

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that it is working now. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile: