We currently have a custom endpoint to accept zoom status webhooks from our zoom app.
We found three issues with the data we are receiving:
We have a status of [NULL] in the database, so we do not seem to be receiving the status object with the payload. Is this expected / does this have a specific meaning?
The second issue we are seeing is that we are receiving two, sometimes three, status updates that are the same for an individual within a few milliseconds of each other.
We had a user on a phone call, and during the duration received a status of On_A_Call, Away, Offline, and then when the call ended it went to Available.
I was curious if there was any explanation or reason to these data discrepancies? My first guess was that being on multiple devices was triggering multiple status changes. Say a user is taking a zoom call on their mobile device while leaving their computer unattended.
Yes, to further elaborate, we had a user who was on zoom phone and picked up a phone call. The zoom status went to On_A_Call, then during the duration of the phone call, the status logged as Away, then a little while longer went to Offline. After the user hung up the phone, the status went back to available. So during the zoom phone call we received webhook updates for away and offline.
I have discovered more information about the null status coming through.
When we login to the web app, we are getting the status event of null passed through the webhook. I do not know if it is all logins yet, but testing shows at least logging in to get the market place returns a null value.