Zoom Status Webhook duplicates and null

Issue:

API Webhooks
Zoom status webhooks.

Description
We currently have a custom endpoint to accept zoom status webhooks from our zoom app.
We found three issues with the data we are receiving:

1. We have a status of [NULL] in the database, so we do not seem to be receiving the status object with the payload. Is this expected / does this have a specific meaning?
  2. The second issue we are seeing is that we are receiving two, sometimes three, status updates that are the same for an individual within a few milliseconds of each other.
  3. We had a user on a phone call, and during the duration received a status of On_A_Call, Away, Offline, and then when the call ended it went to Available.

I was curious if there was any explanation or reason to these data discrepancies? My first guess was that being on multiple devices was triggering multiple status changes. Say a user is taking a zoom call on their mobile device while leaving their computer unattended.

Hi @jonathan3
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!
I am happy to help here!

1. We have a status of [NULL] in the database, so we do not seem to be receiving the status object with the payload. Is this expected / does this have a specific meaning?

Interesting, I have not seen this before. In the request you are getting, you should be getting the status field with 404 if you are receiving the event

1. The second issue we are seeing is that we are receiving two, sometimes three, status updates that are the same for an individual within a few milliseconds of each other.

When you say you receive status updates, is this a specific event you are receiving?
Is this for the “user.updated” event?

1. We had a user on a phone call, and during the duration received a status of On_A_Call, Away, Offline, and then when the call ended it went to Available.

Could you elaborate this further?

1. Here are a few examples of the users status with the timestamps. I am not sure if they are related specifically to the user.updated event or if their is a specific one for status’s.

Different values
|cb@conniehealth.com|Offline|1676998987723|2023-02-21 12:28:15.618 -0500|
|cb@conniehealth.com|Available|1676998988400|2023-02-21 12:28:15.040 -0500|

Same Values
|r@conniehealth.com|In_Meeting|1676995382621|2023-02-21 12:28:14.215 -0500|
|r@conniehealth.com|In_Meeting|1676995382558|2023-02-21 12:28:13.327 -0500|

|r@conniehealth.com|In_Meeting|1676995377612|2023-02-21 12:28:08.612 -0500|
|r@conniehealth.com|In_Meeting|1676995376405|2023-02-21 12:28:07.154 -0500|

1. Yes, to further elaborate, we had a user who was on zoom phone and picked up a phone call. The zoom status went to On_A_Call, then during the duration of the phone call, the status logged as Away, then a little while longer went to Offline. After the user hung up the phone, the status went back to available. So during the zoom phone call we received webhook updates for away and offline.

I have discovered more information about the null status coming through.
When we login to the web app, we are getting the status event of null passed through the webhook. I do not know if it is all logins yet, but testing shows at least logging in to get the market place returns a null value.

Hi @jonathan3
I just realized we are working on another webhook issue in another thread.
Is it related?

Part 2 is related.

Part 1 we are seeing a null status come through when we login to web apps, and sometimes are very early hours in the morning for unknown reasons (like 2am)

Part 3 is actually probably related, we were probably getting old status events as duplicates and not realizing the timestamp was different than when we got them.

So in summation, just the null values of part 1 is unique here. Sorry about the duplicates.

Thanks @jonathan3
And dont worry, I will take a closer look and add it to the ticket I am already working on

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.