Zoom stuck on Join Audio by Computer screen

Description
I am using Zoom Meeting Web SDK v2.16.0, I have meeting bot application and sometimes it happens the screen freezes on Join Audio by Computer step, the buttons aren’t disabled, they are clickable, but when I click the button successfully, nothing happens and I get “mute 3633 You have reached the API limit for this call.” after a few attempts, because I am clicking it but the modal is still shown on the screen. What can be causing this problem, I saw in the sample app, but can’t see such scenario there.

Browser Console Error
“mute 3633 You have reached the API limit for this call.” and meeting is stuck on Join Audio By Computer step

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Hi @svetli.novoselski ,

I am unfamiliar with this behavior. Are you seeing any errors in the console?

Can you please share your package.json?

Hey @svetli.novoselski we’ve definitely run into similar issues before – we use the Zoom Web SDK extensively to power our bots.

When we’ve run into this issue before, when the “Join Audio by Computer” sporadically doesn’t work, the root cause has been a race condition in the Web SDK initialization when joining the call.

While I haven’t run into the specific “mute 3633” error before, my suggestion on how to debug this would be to inspect the network traffic when clicking the button to see if there is a network call to the Zoom API returning a rate limit error.

If there is no network call, it’s likely the error is something internal to the Zoom SDK. We’ve encountered situations before where a “rate limit” or other API error was reported in the console, but the root cause was something else entirely.

Another option is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings + output video/audio without you needing to spend months to fix bugs, scale and maintain these bots.
Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

There aren’t any errors in the console, the screen just freezes. The main packages I am using are selenium-webdriver v4.0.0 and @zoomus/websdk v2.16.0.

Hi @amanda-recallai ,

Thank you for sharing this! @svetli.novoselski can you please give it a try?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.