Zoom Timeline Version Increase

Hello,

I recently noticed that some of the TIMELINE files included from the recordings.completed webhook have received a version bump from 100 to 200 (per the version json property included in the file). Is there any documentation on what the changes are between these two versions? So far the only percieved difference is that sometimes there are some entries that include

{
    "user_id" : 0
}

inside of the “users” fields. This is a confusing entry however, as it doesn’t follow the typical schema for a user entry

{
    "avatar_url" : string,
    "client_type" : int,
    "email_address" : string,
    "multiple_people" : bool,
    "user_id" : int,
    "username" :  string,
    "zoom_userid" : string
}

Any insight into what changes are included, as well as why this is only happening for some users would be very helpful.

1 Like

It would be great if Zoom would provide some documentation for the Zoom Timeline files. They are versioned already, but there is no public documentation for what the parameters can be or what the schema is expected to look like.

Undocumented functionality makes for fragile integrations.

Hi @menioa
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Could you please share with me an entire payload that you are getting when using the recordings.completed webhook? (without any private information)
I do not see any different or new fields in the response.

Hi Elisa,

The recordings.completed webhook has not changed, but rather the version included inside of one of the individual recordings files with the type timeline. in that file, the last entry in that time line json file has a version field which historically was 100, but now is 200, as well as occasionally the entries in the users field now have a new entry like I specified above with "user_id" : 0 rather than the traditionally schema that I outlined in my original post.

Here is an example of such an entry:

{
         "ts" : "00:27:23.860",
         "users" : [
            {
               "avatar_url" : string,
               "client_type" : int,
               "email_address" : string,
               "multiple_people" : bool,
               "user_id" : int,
               "username" : string,
               "zoom_userid" : string
            },
            {
               "user_id" : 0
            }
         ]
      }
   ],
   "version" : 200

Thanks @menioa
I will go ahead and send you a private message so we can exchange more information.
Unfortunately, I do not have enough data to look further into this.
Cheers,
Elisa