Zoom Video Web SDK - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'malloc')

Description

I have use this project.

zoom/ sample-app-videosdk

It runs normally on local but when I build a project with yarn build
And deploy on server

The project has a bug that prevents me from sharing screens and videos.

Please check it, thanks

Error

Which Web Video SDK version?

I have updated to Web Video SDK 1.1.4+, but it still happen.

Hey @phucnd

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please provide the platform, browser, and procedure for reproducing the errors? It’s very helpful to us troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks
Vic

Did you manage to find a solution? I just deployed my app to AWS Amplify and I am running across the same issue.

Hey @poufy ,

Can you confirm the dependent assets are accessible in your production env?

Please also make sure if you are using Chrome Origin Trials that you have enabled them on your production domain: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/advanced/web-isolation

Thanks,
Tommy

I have changed

await zmClient.init("en-US", `${window.location.origin}/lib`, 'zoom.us');
 to    
await zmClient.init('en-US', 'Global');

It works normally but does not use the lib in local. :mask:

Hey @phucnd ,

That is correct, you can either host the assets yourself and provide the path to them in zmClient.init() or use our CDN. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey Tommy, I just confirmed that I can access the files from the /lib which is placed inside my public folder, however, the exact same issue still persists.

I would not mind using your CDN, but when I replaced the local path with ‘GLOBAL’ when the GET request is sent to the CDN, it returns error code 403, so I can’t access the CDN either. Could you help with that?

I also just tried to replace ‘GLOBAL’ with the CDN link like so

await zmClient.init("en-US", 'https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/2.0.0/lib');

It works perfectly fine locally, however, when it is deployed to AWS I get this error:

I finally got it to work! I used the Chrome Origin Trials to enable SharedArrayBuffers and it works as expected now!

One question though, it seems like when I use my phone’s browser, I can connect to the meeting and see my phone’s video through my browser, however, I cannot see any of the participants’ videos through my phone’s browser. Is that behavior expected?

1 Like

Hey @poufy ,

Happy to hear you got it working! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately the Web Video SDK do not support mobile browsers at this time: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/web#browser-support

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I see. I actually read the label that mobile browsers are not supported, but when I connected and managed to see my phone’s video from my browser I thought I could somehow get it to work. I assume that is not possible if there is no support for it yet.

1 Like

Correct @poufy .

It is not fully supported. That being said, mobile browser support is one of our priorities. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.