Zoom Webhook record.completed not available

There have been a lot of breaking changes recently. What’s going on over there? If Zoom is going to make changes, especially breaking changes, to their API then they should start versioning.

Sometime in the past 48 hours the webhook response has changed. It used to send an access token along with the download URL that could be used in an Auth header to programmatically download the file in question. Today it does not. I contacted support and they said they didn’t know and told me to come here.

I also asked about this endpoint: https://developers.zoom.us/docs/api/rest/reference/zoom-api/methods/#operation/recordingGet and how to get the download_access_token value. Support had no idea. The article gives this as an example “a2f19f96-9294-4f51-8134-6f0eea108eb2”. Great, what is that? It’s not an access token, at least not a JWT access token. If it were a JWT token, it would be criminal to pass it in a querystring. Like, what’s going on over there?

Hi @jheavner , I’m sorry for the challenges you’re experiencing with url validation. What did support share? If you prepare and share a recording of the issue, I can look into it further. I will private message you so you can share the following there:

• recording
  • steps to reproduce
  • client id
  • email associated with app

I am not aware of there being a change here as well. I will see if I can reproduce this. I hear your frustration with the recent behaviors and will be sharing this feedback to get some answers. I hope to be in touch further about this with solutions.