Zoom webhooks functionality

Hello,

We want to develop an application that will trigger actions on webhook events. Use case that’s causing us doubts:

• Any user from an account that’s logged in starts a meeting and zoom triggers webhook to our app where we can send a message to slack

Questions:

• We’ve managed to put the webhook working on the webhook only app. The thing is we want to activate this for all account. So if the admin of X company accepts anyone that joins a call will trigger a webhook. How can we do this?

• We tried OAuth2 app but before publishing publicly we’re not being able to test it with other accounts. How can we do this before publishing?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Hi @gencli
Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community!

I see that you are trying to develop an application to receive Webhook events and that you are having trouble receiving those events. I will try to answer your questions:

• We’ve managed to put the webhook working on the webhook only app. The thing is we want to activate this for all account. So if the admin of X company accepts anyone that joins a call will trigger a webhook. How can we do this?

The webhook only app should be created or belong to the same account of the admin of X company, as well as the meeting that is being held.
So if the app belongs to an external/different account than the owner of the meeting, then the app will not receive any events.

• We tried OAuth2 app but before publishing publicly we’re not being able to test it with other accounts. How can we do this before publishing?

When developing an app, you should be able to test it locally and with users under the same account.
If you want to share it with external users then you have to make a request to the Marketplace team to get a Publishable URL that you will be able to share with external users, here are the docs:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/sharing-private-apps/

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hi Elisa,

I’m not sure if I explain my doubts correctly. Will try to reformulate.

We are creating a SAAS app. Users should somehow authorize our app to access their zoom account events.

We will listen to those events and act accordingly.

For the purpose of my question lets assume our app is called Project X

Example:

• User registres Project X
  • Projectx asks zoom permission to the user
  • User configures slack webhook in ProjectX
  • Everytime an user in the User Zoom Account starts a meeting we will receive a webhook in ProjectX and send the slack hook.

Hi @gencli
Thanks for sharing more details with me, that is actually very helpful :slight_smile:
And yes, your example is correct.
Let’s assume your Project X app is a User-level app, so when a user (let’s call them User01) authorizes Project X in their account it grants the Project X app access their Zoom data.

Now when User01 starts a meeting, the Project X app will receive a webhook event for that user.
(Just make sure that the Project X app is subscribed to the events that you want to listen to)

hope this helps,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.