Zoom Windows SDK not working correctly on Windows Server

Hello,
I’m developing a bot with zoom-sdk-windows-5.16.5.24346 that joins a meeting and records it.
I was able to get it to work on Windows 10, but now that I’m trying to run it on Windows Server 2022 it behaves unexpectedly.

The bot does not join the meeting, it behaves like the meeting has ended, when in fact it is ongoing. I know this because I subscribed to the onMeetingStatusChanged event and it is called with status MEETING_STATUS_ENDED as soon as it tries to join. When I run it on Windows 10, it joins the meeting without any problems, on both I’m running exactly the same setup.

On Windows Server do I need to install something additional for the SDK to work correctly?

Hey @ricardo.grade.1337 happy to help – we use the Zoom Windows SDK to power some of our recording bots and we’ve run into similar issues before.

In our experience, the Zoom Windows SDK relies on some components of desktop Windows, so if you’re trying to run it in a Windows Server Core docker image or something similar, you may run into issues.

What environment are you running this in (e.g. VM, Docker) and are you using something other than full Windows including the desktop environment?

Another option you could explore is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get the raw audio/video from meetings + output video/audio without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi @amanda-recallai

I’m attempting to run it on Windows Server with Desktop Experience, but the error persists, I tried installing the Zoom app there and it doesn’t launch either, I believe that’s the issue, since the server does not support a Zoom client instance, the bot is also unable to launch it and misbehaves as if the meeting has ended.
I wonder what I need to install to make the Zoom app work there

I’m currently doing these experiments on a GCP VM, I’ve already tried containerizing the bot, I was able to get it to work on a regular Windows base image mcr.microsoft.com/windows:ltsc2019, but not on a server-based image such as mcr.microsoft.com/windows/server:ltsc2022, in which I observe exactly the same misbehavior I mentioned.

In your solution, are you able to run the bot on Windows Server with Desktop Experience?

@ricardo.grade.1337 I would recommend using the Linux Meeting SDK for this purpose as the Windows version of Meeting SDK was not originally designed to run in a docker / windows server environment.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.