Receiving "Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting" when joining a meeting that has not started

Description
When ZoomMtg.join() fails because the target meeting has not started, the error result is properly set to “Meeting not started”. However, after that, a modal appears saying “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.”

Error
Receiving “Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.” any time I try to connect to a meeting.

Which version?
WebSDK 1.8.6

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Join a meeting that is not started from a web SDK client

Screenshots
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: WebSDK. Any browser I try experiences the same issue.
  • Browser:[e.g. Chrome]

Additional context
It works fine if the meeting is started, or if the meeting is configured to allow users to join anytime. But if the meeting isn’t started, instead of displaying that, it displays the error shown above.

Hey @richaney

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

No, it’s none of these. As I said, it happens when the meeting has not been started. If the meeting is started, it works fine.

I figured it out. I wasn’t setting the internationalization. When I did that, the proper error message started to display.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your solution @richaney ! Happy to hear you got it sorted out!

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.