Added support to prevent devices from going to sleep in meetings

Hi! I’m working with the Meeting SDK right now and we were about to merge a change utilizing the wakeLock API before noticing that the latest update might have already patched this.

Just wondering if you could share some additional details on this? Are we able to prevent sleep now at all times now?

@lance.sun,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. Yes, support has been added to prevent devices from going to sleep during meetings. You can find more information about this feature in our Web SDK changelog, where it was noted here:

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by “all times”? Please provide some of the scenarios you have in mind, as this will help provide more context regarding what you are looking for.

Hi @donte.zoom, thanks for your reply!

I apologize for the unclear question - what I meant is simply that now during an active meeting / call with the ZoomMeetingEmbedded component, the computer / monitor will no longer go to sleep even when unplugged or be on energy saving settings or anything like that? I’m wondering if there are any scenarios which will cause the screen to sleep during an active call that I need to prevent manually with wakeLock.

Thanks again for your time!

@lance.sun ,

Good question, and I understand your concern. While the cases you mentioned are typically covered, it’s important to note that there may be exceptional situations that arise due to specific configurations on the user’s device. Our team is constantly working to improve the user experience and address any potential issues that may arise. Should you encounter any particular edge that’s not covered, please let as we strive to provide a seamless and reliable experience.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. We are here to help and ensure your experience is as smooth as possible.

1 Like

Hi, @lance.sun,

Zoom Meeing SDK Component view is using wakeLock API under the hood. For the supported browsers, please refer to this link. Screen Wake Lock API | Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc.

1 Like