Allow users to create zoom events from internal dashboard

We want to allow our users (instructors) to create zoom links from our internal dashboard.

There are multiple instructors and learners. An instructor can select the time and create a zoom link.

I understand that we can share start_url with the instructors and join_url with learners.

Here are my questions:

1. What kind of paid plan do we need here to make sure multiple instructors can schedule and start sessions at the same time?
  2. How do we make sure only registered learners can join via join_url?

We don’t want to invite the instructors to our zoom account.

Hi @dhaval , you can reach out here for details related to your pricing use-case :slight_smile:

Hey Gianni,

Thanks for the link.

I asked this question here because we have integrated zoom APIs to create meetings from our dashboard and I know a single user license can’t have simultaneous sessions.

And I am sure this is a standard use-case for a lot of apps. So wanted to understand what’s the best way to handle this.

And also wanted to understand more about the attendance part.

Thanks!

@dhaval ,

Licensed users on Enterprise, Business, and Education accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. To learn more about how to host concurrent meetings, please visit our help documentation here :
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-host-concurrent-meetings-

You can make Registration required and provide the registrants with the unique join URL. This workflow might look like this:

1. With our Create meeting API , you can require registration.

2. Then Add meeting Registrants. The response of this API includes the Unique Join URL for this registrant to join the meeting.

Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 6.22.16 PM

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

1 Like

Hey Donte,

Thanks for the update.

So as per these links, my understanding is the app needs to handle the logic and make sure there are no overlapping meetings, have multiple licenses and shuffle accordingly? Please confirm.

One more question: Can we allow multiple users to join as hosts? I couldn’t find user level start_url option anywhere (Similar to user level join_url, which is available in registrants API response).

thanks for the response it really helpful.

1 Like

Yes, correct! It is best practice to handle licenses validation and assignment in the App.

One user can join a host and another as an alternative host. Please see the notes listed in the Can I host concurrent meetings help documentation below:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Alternative-host

Let me know if this helps to clarify.

Best,
Donte

@wahabriaz73f,

Thank you for your comment – glad to hear that post was helpful.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.