Allowing our users to host Zoom meetings using our Zoom accounts

Hello! My company is trying to figure out the best way to use Zoom to meet our needs. Our use case does not seem that unique, so I wanted to check if you have a recommended way to approach this.

Overview

We want to generate Zoom links for our members who will be hosting events. We’d like to schedule the meetings on their behalf, so that they can use our host accounts to host the meetings without authenticating through Zoom. We also expect to have a number of concurrent events, so we will need to use multiple host accounts and links!

Our goals

• Goal: Easily scale the number of concurrent meetings.
    • We’re currently on the Pro plan, which means a maximum of 9 concurrent meetings. Does Zoom offer an easy or flexible way to scale this as needed? The biggest concern in terms of scalability is scheduling concurrent meetings.
  • Goal: Programmatically schedule meetings using the host users under our main account.
    • Ideally, we would not need to worry about time conflicts as this would be handled automatically. Is there a way to schedule concurrent meetings under the same Pro plan account without manually selecting a different host account?
  • Goal: Our user can easily start the Zoom meeting scheduled on her behalf without authenticating through Zoom. This is important because the Zoom host accounts are owned by us and will be used for many different events & users.
    • Our understanding is that the Zoom create meeting API will provide us a host link which will allow this.

Our solution

• Use the create meeting endpoint to schedule a Zoom meeting
  • Give our host user the start_url so she can host the meeting without authenticating
  • Give our attendee users the join_url
  • Write our own scheduler to select a different host account when scheduling a meeting at the same time as an existing one

Does this seem like the best way to approach this? Especially with regards to scheduling overlapping meetings, it seems like we might be missing something or Zoom maybe offers a better solution.

Thanks!

Hey @erika

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I read through the linked threads and they were very related, but did not really provide a solution for us. I understand that it is possible to create concurrent meetings on our various host accounts, but am hoping there is a way to schedule a concurrent meeting with the host account automatically chosen to be one which does not have a conflict. Thanks!

Hey @erika,

This logic will have to be implemented on your end. :slight_smile:

You can keep track of when a meeting is for a host by calling the Get Users Meetings API, or storing the start_time in your database.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.