Need help on scheduled meeting

Dear all,

I’m creating a meeting service and using Zoom meetings. Here is my case:

1. User book a meeting from my website.

2. HOST confirms the meeting from my website. I call API to Zoom to create a scheduled meeting at this step.

3. HOST and the user will join the meeting at the scheduled time.

From my system, I’ve around 100 HOST, so I need to create multiple scheduled meetings at the same time.

Which option can I use for my system?

• Option 1: I use my Zoom account to create all meetings (API) for all of them, assign ROLE (Co-host or something the same) to them, and they can join to their meeting at the same time.

• Option 2: Use the HOST account to create the meeting.

My question is:

1. Can my account or HOST account join multiple meeting at the same time.

2. If not, is their any type of account can do that?

Best regard & Thanks

You cannot join as host to multiple concurrent meetings, but you can join as a participant: Joining different meetings simultaneously - Zoom Support.

No, but you can host multiple meetings, but have a co-host/alternative host start and join the meeting.

Are the hosts users on your account where you have account creation privileges? Or would this be a published application that the hosts install on their account and give you meeting creation privileges?

Hi Gianni, Thanks for your reply.

Are you suggest me to use my Licensed account (no need to join the meeting) to create meeting and invite them as co-host/alternative?

I’m still not clear about the workflow. This is what I want, let me explain again.

I want to create a meeting service for 100 Broadcasters and other users. The Broadcaster just have free Zoom account, so we can’t use their account to create meeting because the limitation of time (40 minutes). How can I resolve this problem: time limit and multiple meeting at the same time.

==============
You cannot join as host to multiple concurrent meetings, but you can join as a participant: [Joining different meetings simultaneously
=> How many meeting can we join at the same time?

From my research:

Option 1:

1. I can use Licensed account to create multiple meeting at the same time
  2. Invite “BROADCASTER” as co-host
    This option cannot start the meeting.

Option 2:

1. I can use Licensed account (1st licensed account) to create multiple meeting at the same time
  2. Invite other user as alternative-host
    This option can start the meeting by alternative host. but alternative-host must be Licensed account, the “BROADCASTER” don’t have licensed account, we can provide them (2nd licensed account). The 2nd licensed account, we will share for all other “BROADCASTER”, so the question is: “Can alternative host join multiple meeting at the same time?” And how about the maximum meeting can they join at the same time?

Hi @ptp285 ,

I’m not sure how many can be joined. I’ll look into an answer for you.

Co-host vs alternative host:
Roles in a meeting - Zoom Support.

Correct! They can only be assigned as co-host during the meeting after it’s been started by a host or alternative host. They also do not need to have the same licensing as the host.

An alternative host can join multiple meetings at the same time as a participant, but they cannot host multiple meetings at the same time. They also have to be licensed and a user on your account.

Hi Gianni,

Can I do as these steps:

1. Use API to create a meeting without host (not waiting room and allow user to join any time).
  2. Invite 1 user (BROADCASTER ) as co-host

This way no need to start the meeting, and BROADCASTER can use their free account.

Hi @ptp285 ,

No because co-host can only be assigned in-meeting by the meeting host.

Even if you have a meeting where a participant can join before a host, it has to have a host.

Hi Gianni,

Can I do as these steps:

1. Use API to create 100 meeting at the same time. (1st Licensed account)
  2. Invite 2nd Licensed account to join 100 meeting as Alternative account

Question 1: If 1st account don’t join to meeting. Can 2nd Licensed account join and control the meeting (multiple meeting at the same time)?

Question 2: If we don’t need to control the meeting, is there any solution for me to allow them to join multiple meeting at the same time?

Hosting multiple meetings simultaneously - Zoom Support.

Each Basic user and Licensed user on a Pro account is limited to hosting only 1 meeting at a time.

Licensed users on Business, Education, and Enterprise accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.

Note: While these users can have 2 meetings active at the same time, this is typically achieved by the meetings being started and run on separate devices, as by default users are unable to join or start multiple meetings simultaneously on the desktop client.

I have 2 questions:

1. If 1st Licensed account create 100 meeting without host (the same time). Can Alternative Host (2nd Licensed account) join 100 meeting at the same time ?
  2. If 1st Licensed account create 100 meeting without host (the same time). Can 2 another accounts join these meeting at the same time?

@ptp285 you cannot create a meeting without a host.

It’s mean we don’t have any solution to create multiple meeting (from my account) and allow other user to join these meeting at the same time.

Hi @ptp285 ,

You can create multiple meetings from your account, but they must have a host. Meetings cannot be created without a host. If you try to create a meeting (either through the web portal or programmatically without a host), it will not be successful.

However, participants can join a meeting before a host, if you have that setting enabled.