App Crash happens

Hi saroroo123,

Happy Monday and thanks for the reply. Regarding the issue you are facing:

1. Based on the screenshot you have provided, it seems like the issue is not from our SDK. Using UIAlertController instead of UIAlertView could fix this issue

2. Regarding the entitlement issue, normally if you set up a group ID, Xcode will create the entitlement file for you, for some reason Xcode is not creating this for your project and this issue appears. Please double-check if our group ID “group.us.zoom” does not appear in your code, and use your own group ID instead. If you do not need the screen sharing feature, you do not need the group ID(do not set it in MobileRTCSDKInitContent), and you do not need the broadcast extension.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @Carson_Chen,

Thanks for your replay. I need to say this please check Zoom SDK in Latest xCode 11.2.1. There is in crash issue in UIAlertView. I think you are using UIAlertView. In Latest xCode 11.2.1 --> UIScene class not supports UIAlertView. So App get Crashed. I am 100% sure, I am not use UIAlertView in my applications. I got this crash while calling zoom SDK. So Please check your SDK with Latest xCode 11.2.1 OR make support zoom SDK in 11.2.1.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks :slight_smile:

Another question:

When meeting window appeared. I got this message in above audio section,

could you tell me why I am getting this issue ?

my code was,

// setup the call
let settings = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()
settings?.meetingVideoHidden = false
settings?.bottomBarHidden = false
settings?.disableDriveMode(true)
settings?.topBarHidden = false
settings?.meetingInviteHidden = true
settings?.meetingShareHidden = true
settings?.setMuteVideoWhenJoinMeeting(false)
settings?.setAutoConnectInternetAudio(true)

My needs are --> Audio is need to connect automatically with out any user interaction in meeting window.

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the UIAlertView issue, I have passed this to our engineering team and we will investigate this further.

Regarding the audio auto connect issue, normally if you set the setAutoConnectInternetAudio to be true, then it will auto connect the audio upon joining the meeting. Based on the error message shown in the screenshot, it seems like there are multiple devices that are producing errors at the moment(Maybe you have multiple devices next to each other joining the same meeting at the same time?), and when this happens, the audio will disconnect automatically.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @Carson_Chen,

Thanks for the reply. Regarding audio it’s working fine now and also I forget to tell you one thing regarding zoom call not ending and meeting window opened again issue, now it’s working fine. Thanks a lot Carson.

Currently I am waiting for the UIAlertView issues only.

Hi saroroo123,

Glad to hear that those are working well now! Regarding the UIAlertView issue, please have a try to build your SDK project with Xcode 10 and see if it helps.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

Thanks for the reply. In xCode 10 it’s working fine. But I need to use xCode 11. So only I am asking. Hope you understand.

Thanks !

Hi saroroo123,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that Xcode 10 is working well. I have forwarded the Xcode 11 support request to our engineering team and we are working on it. Since a lot of dependencies need to change and test, it will take some time. It is recommended to use Xcode 10 during the interim, pardon the inconvenience. Please watch our Github repo updates and I will keep you posted.

Thanks!

Hi Carson,
Thanks for the reply. I have removed scene delegate use from my xCode 11. so it’s working fine now. But we need to fix this crash issue soon. I will keep my eye on your GitHub repo.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Carson!

Yes @saroroo123 keep an eye on the Github repo.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @Carson_Chen

I saw the github repo. one new version has been released. Is this version supported for xCode 11 and iOS 13 ?

Please confirm.

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123
It already supports ios13, but not xcode11.

Hi @Murray_Li

Thanks for the reply. could you provide the release notes for this version ? so that we can understand the clearly what are things has been updated for this release.

Thanks!

Hi saroroo123
Here’s the detailed release notes:

Hi @Murray_Li

Thanks for the info. I will take a look on it.

Thanks!

Thanks Murray! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @Carson_Chen,

Good day and Happy Monday. I need some info regarding zoom SDK iOS. Please read below things and I need to know which are all the things we can do using Zoom SDK iOS. Those are,

• invite more people - To Invite more peoples while meeting is running on.
  • share screen - To Share the current meeting screen to some one.
  • change the presenter / host of the call - is this possible to change the host OR is this possible to change the host controls/acccess to some other participants ?

Please provide any documentation OR guidance for above things for iOS development. Thanks in advance :slight_smile: .

Hi saroroo123,

Greetings! Hope you are having a good day as well. Regarding your questions:

Different apps have different ways of inviting other people to join the meeting so we offer all the necessary information in this class(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/interface_mobile_r_t_c_invite_helper.html) for the developer to implement the function to invite other people.

Do you mean sharing a screen only to someone? Or to everyone? If it is everyone, then you could use the screen sharing feature directly by following the instruction here:https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/mastering-zoom-sdk/in-meeting-function/zoom-meeting-ui/screen-share; If you would like to share only to a specific person, you may need to put someone in a breakout room, join the breakout room, then share the screen.

If you are the host, you can assign co-host using assignCohost(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/category_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service_07_user_08.html#ad57fc3146b84439dcf00f1abd7e0aa4c), or you could use makeHost(https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/category_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service_07_user_08.html#a5cb3e951bb7a40dd93988456b6e5d3cd) to make a user to be the host(that will revoke the host privilege of yourself).

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @Carson_Chen.

Our iOS app uses some sort of custom UI for meeting view: custom controls to leave and minimize a meeting. To minimize the meeting we call showMinimizeMeetingFromZoomUIMeeting method of MobileRTCMeetingService. On iPhone it’s working fine, but on iPad the app crashes with [ZMZoomViewController_iPad showMinimizeMeeting:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance.

Could you please provide any information how we can fix this issue on iPad?

Environment:

• Zoom iOS SDK v4.6.15084.0206
  • iOS 13.x
  • Xcode 11.3.1

Hi cocavo,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Are you using Zoom default UI or fully Custom UI? The interface showMinimizeMeetingFromZoomUIMeeting only works in Zoom default UI as mentioned in: https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-ios/category_mobile_r_t_c_meeting_service_07_in_meeting_08.html#a25de310a3d56ef5a9aa83f9d41d45413
Hope this helps. Thanks!

@Carson_Chen Thank you for your feedback!

We are using Zoom default UI. We are getting a view of meeting UI by calling meetingView method of MobileRTCMeetingService and then just adding our controls(“minimize” and “leave” buttons) on this view. By clicking on “minimize” button we are calling showMinimizeMeetingFromZoomUIMeeting.