App Deathorized hook not hitting development accounts?

If we uninstall an app in development, why don’t we get the webhook?

I can confirm it works in production mode.

Hey @jimig,

Currently the deauth webhook only fires for uninstallation of production apps.

As you can see there is no “Development Deauthorization Endpoint URL” field, it is only for production.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, but how is one supposed to test this webhook?

Hey @jimig,

For testing in your development environment, you can put your development deauth url as the deauth url, then install the production version of your app, and then uninstall it and the payload will be sent to your development deauth url.

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy,

I followed the same and used the payload data for compliance post requests.
But the compliance response gives 404 error code with bellow response.

{"reason":"Invalid client id or client secret","error":"invalid_request"}

My app is not yet approved and I followed the below steps.

Thanks!
Prasanti

Hey @prasanti.prusty,

Are you setting the authorization basic header when making the deauth request?

"Authorization": "Basic base64Encode(ClientID:ClientSecret)"

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, I did this but nothing received. How long does it take to receive the payload?

Hi @victor.koa,

This should be relatively immediate. Can you try following the steps outlined here and let me know if you’re still having trouble?

Thanks,
Will

Just followed this exact procedure (install by production publishable URL then uninstall from the “Installed apps” page) and did not receive any call on my backend. I receive the zoom emails but that’s it :confused:

Hey @victor.koa,

Can you confirm that your deauthorization endpoint URL is publicly accessible and is prepared to send back a 200OK response when payloads are received? This must be 200OK (can’t be a 300, etc.).

Let me know,
Will

Yes @will.zoom, it is publicly accessible and ready to send 200

Hey @victor.koa,

I just DM’d you for some additional details.

Thanks,
Will

I’m also experiencing the same issue. I’m not getting a deauthorization webhook notification after uninstalling the production version of the app. The endpoint we configured is publically accessible and I don’t see any activity in the server logs on uninstall.

Hey @hsiung,

Is it possible share the endpoint you’re using so that I can take a closer look? Please ensure it returns a 200OK response upon receipt of receiving payloads as well.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom I am using hookbin to debug as well and do not see any notifications. Currently, I have it set to https://hookb.in/zroxQJ3ZBeHykkGKwlwm

You can view the activity at https://hookbin.com/zroxQJ3ZBeHykkGKwlwm

It’s fixed now after I tapped on “Regenerate” for the Publish URL and installed/uninstalled.

Hi @hsiung,

Thanks for confirming, and glad it’s resolved!

Best,
Will

Hi @will.zoom

I also experienced the same issue. I had set the de-auth webhook URL to be the one we used for testing and uninstalled the App in production and didn’t see the event posted in the dev webhook endpoint. I tried to follow the steps in this thread as well regenerated the publishURL.

Could you please help?

Hey @cloudabilitysaas,

Thank you for reaching out to Zoom Developer Support. Please double-check the following:

1. You are installing the production instance of your app using the Publishable URL
  2. The endpoint that you’ve provided is publicly accessible and returns a 200 OK response to the payload

Would it be possible to share the endpoint that you’re using?

Thanks,
Max

Hi there, I am using https://saas-alpha.cloudability.com/portal/ZoomOAuth/DeauthorizedEvent as the endpoint. This is our testing stack.