Authorizations of OAuth app cannot be completed

Hi,support team

Description
This time, when an user approves the installation of the OAuth app, he could not proceed to the next screen of the Authorize button, so we contacted you.

Error
We released an OAuth app for teachers and instructors on the marketplace last year.
through the app, they can make a schedule of online lessons (Zoom meetings) without launching Zoom.

First, I will explain the procedure when the installation is successful.

MyClass Remote:Zoom Integration Help

You can see the demo operation video of loom. (Especially 25s to 55s operations)

Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

The user who tried to the above procedure inquired us that he could not proceed to the next screen of the Authorize button.
That is, as shown in the image, when you press the Authorize button, a message will be displayed in a reddish brown frame.
“Unable to install this app because it needs pre-approval by your account admin. Please contact your account admin for more details.”

What status / settings will this message be displayed for users and apps?
What kind of settings does this instructor need to make a successful installations?
Could you tell me if the app settings will fix the problem?

Finally, will changing the settings affect the online lessons (Zoom meetings)?
Will it also affect instructors who have already approved the app?

Screenshots (If applicable)

Best Regards,
Shunpei

Hi, @MyclassRemote,

Welcome to the Developer Forum! There are a couple of scenarios that could trigger the “Unable to install this app because it needs pre-approval by your account admin. Please contact your account admin for more details” error message. Please see our developer support documentation and let us know if you have any questions:

No, changing the settings will not affect the online lessons (Zoom meetings) or the instructors who have already approved the app. The admin of the account for that user may have to install the app so the user can install it. I’ve linked our documentation on the Pre-approval request flow for Users for reference below:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/using-apps/end-users#pre-approval-request-flow-for-users

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.