AV delay / lipsync

hi,

with websdk 1.7.4, we are sometimes observing delayed audio (relatively to video), with delays ~1sec.

windows client 4.6.10 <–> websdk 1.7.4: audio delayed on websdk side only
websdk 1.7.4 <–> websdk 1.7.4: audio delayed on both sides

is there any possibility how to debug or fix this?

thx
hari

Hey @harald.glanzer,

This could be related to network on you or your participants end. Please continue to monitor the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

unfortunately it is not related to the network of one of the participants. It is only reproducable with the sdk.

Scenario:

• both clients are in the same network
  • one is using the windows app
  • one is using the web sdk on a windows machine (chrome browser)

on the client using the sdk on a windows machine (chrome browser) after some time we always have a a/v sync problem of ~ 1 sec. Video is always prior to Audio. On Windows App side everything is in sync. We didn’t recognize this with the previous sdk Versions. Unfortunately we cannot compare this due to the missing support of previous sdk versions.

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

we ran different tests, all on the same network
some setups did not produce any significant delay between audio/video, while others did.
therefor, i doubt that this is network related.

can you tell how audio/video sync works with your protocol?
and again, is there any possibility to debug this somehow?

hari

We are seeing the same thing here. WebSDK meetings audio is delayed and out of sync and poor or frozen video. Having all the same participants switch to using the Windows desktop app and it works great.

Any ideas?

Hey @zebulon.evans, @harald.glanzer, @alexander.brotzge,

Thanks for the additional details, we will look into this. Can you please share the meetingIDs so we can look at the QOS logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy thanks for getting back to me on the weekend. It is my PMI so I’ll message it to you.

The meeting was on Thursday afternoon Pacific time. We started on the desktop Zoom app on a mix of Windows and Apple laptops, then we all switched to WebSDK using Chrome then back to desktop because the quality was bad.

Also tried 1.7.5 today and some could connect and others timed out.

Thanks,

Zeb

Thanks for the details @zebulon.evans,

We are looking into this and will get back to you! (CS-1633)

-Tommy

I bet you are @tommy.

Good luck staying in front of the wave.

Looking forward to hearing if you figure anything out. We are moving away from the WebSDK until it works we can get decent quality from it.

Thanks a ton,

Zeb

1 Like

i just had the problem with unacceptable delay (>3sec) again:

setup: websdk 1.7.5 <–> linux zoom desktop client 3.5.372466.0322

in the beginning, the audio + sync was find on both sides
i kept the meeting running for ~30minutes. when coming back, the audio coming from linux desktop client was at least 3 seconds late, compared to video.

i will PM you the meeting ID in question.

hari

Hey @zebulon.evans, @harald.glanzer,

Thanks, will keep you updated!

-Tommy

hey,

any news about this?

thx
hari

Hey @harald.glanzer,

Not yet, it is in the queue to be investigated.

Thanks,
Tommy

hi,

as 3 weeks have passed: any news here?

additional information: problem is still here with websdk 1.7.7. (audio ~3secs too late)
if i do a

• ‘leave computer audio’
  • ‘join audio’

… the latency is reset to an acceptable value (~300ms)

Thanks for the additional details @harald.glanzer!

Our team is still looking into this.

Thanks,
Tommy