Beta App: My request to share app outside account got rejected

Description

Confused as to why my Beta app got rejected

Error

1. I used the link below (see screenshot) to request for access - because from what I understand, this is what we need to use for Open Beta apps. So that we can test it outside of our account with early adopter customers - until we’re finally ready for the marketplace.

1. I had set the “Intent to publish” to “Yes” - since our eventual goal is to publish to the marketplace. But we’re not ready yet - which is why I used the link above instead of using the form at the end of the application process. See screenshot below.

1. However, my application was rejected with the following reason:

Which App?

The name of the app is PracticeNow! - BETA

Additional questions

Without the permission to share the app outside of our account, I can’t get my early adopter customers to try out our app. So, this is critical for us.

I’ve explained everything quite clearly in the application. So, would appreciate it if you could guide me as to what I’m missing in my application or the process.

Thanks for all your help, in advance!

Hey @vaidy,

You just needs to select ‘YES’ for intent to publish after clicking ‘request to share this app outside this account’.

Go ahead and do that and we will get you squared away. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I can’t see the “request to share this app outside this account” link if “Intent to Publish” is off.

So, I’m not able to do what you asked me to.

What am I missing?

Hey @vaidy,

You need to have “Intent to Publish” turned on.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy It’s already on. Which is why I was confused by the reason for rejection.

Here’s the screenshot again:

I can submit the app again, but I’m not able to figure out what I’m doing wrong. :confused:

Hey @vaidy,

Please click “Request to share this app outside this account” again, and when prompted, please choose Intent to publish Yes.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thank you, just resubmitted with “Intent to Publish” set to “Yes”.

PS: I had forgotten that there was a radio button option for that. My bad :).

1 Like

Hey @vaidy,

No worries! :slight_smile:

Thanks for submitting it again!

-Tommy

It got approved this time. Thanks again @tommy!

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @tommy,

@vaidy and i received the following email today:

I have two questions:

1. Why does the email say “the Publishable URL of your Zoom Marketplace app has been live for over 30 days"? We received the approval on the 24th of August - so it’s only been 2 weeks.

2. If we submit the App for review for the Zoom App Marketplace and we get rejected , will we lose the BETA Publishable URL too? We have customers in production who are taking advantage of this feature and we can’t afford to lose it.

Thanks!

Hi @tommy,

Our deadline is right around the corner (21st Sep), would you please be able to help us out with our previous query?

Thank you!

Hey @meera,

1. This is an automated email that is sent out two weeks prior to the URL expiry.

2. The URL will not expire on rejection. Even once it expires, users who have already authorized will be able to continue using with no interruption. :slight_smile:

Once you are ready, we do suggest you publish your app to the marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for your reply!

Would you be able to extend the expiry date for the BETA link?

We would need till the end of October to complete this process with you.

There are multiple things we need to fix before submission - Like changing our current BETA URL, for example.

We would really appreciate it if you could give us an extension till the end of October to complete the paperwork, and do the other necessary tasks.

Hey @meera,

We can only ‘extend’ the expiry date after the current one expires and once you resubmit your request.

Go ahead and do so and we will approve through OCT.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We just resubmitted the requested. Can you please approve the BETA URL until the end of October?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hey @meera,

Thanks for letting us know! As soon as our team has had a chance to review the submission, you’ll receive an email from us.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @tommy, Hi @will.zoom,

We received this email today and it mentions that the deadline to submit to the marketplace is on Oct 19.

However, we were told that we have until the end of October to submit. As mentioned before, we would need till the end of October to complete this process with you.

Would you be able to extend the expiry date for the BETA link?

We would really appreciate it if you could give the extension to complete the paperwork, and do the other necessary tasks.

Thank you!

Hi @meera,

Can you please send an email to us at developersupport@zoom.us regarding this? We’ll be happy to help with this there.

Thanks!
Will

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.