Cannot connect Audio or video

Description
I was doing a demonstration today and regrettably, while the client was able to connect, he could not get audio or video.

I tried to connect myself, and it was the same. I could connect to the meeting but video and audio were not able to connect.

Error
First is a screen shot from my client.

And from my Chrome Dev Tools console:

Which version?
I am using CDN to reach version 1.7.9

I’m using a Windows 10 with Chrome 84.0.4147
Client was using a Mac with Chrome

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Anthony

Hey @ademeglio,

This issue can happen when you embed the web SDK in an iFrame. We recommend not embedding the web SDK in an iFrame, but rather have it live on its own page. Additionally, please ensure you’re serving the web SDK over HTTPS, and not HTTP. This should ensure you’re getting audio/video as expected.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hello William,

Thank you for the response. I’m a little confused because I set everything up to work like the demo, which uses an iFrame. Can you please clarify? Everything had been working prior to this.

Thank you,
Anthony

Hey @ademeglio,

Apologies for the confusion—we recently made some changes to our demo to ensure it exemplifies best practices. It sounds like you might have seen a later version which included the iFrame, but going forward we do not recommend this kind of implementation, and we’ve removed it from our latest demo.

Best,
Will

1 Like

Hi Will,

Thank you for the info. I had a feeling that was the case with the recent release but I wanted to be sure.

Whom do I talk to if I want to monetize the use of the SDK? Could you please send me a DM?

Thanks again,
Anthony

Hey @ademeglio,

Feel free to email developersupport@zoom.us for your private questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.