Cannot create Oauth app as Zoom account owner

API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
OAuth

Description
Similar to Error while Access API through POSTMAN I cannot activate an Oauth app as an account owner.

Error?
"You cannot install the app because you don’t have the required permissions. Please contact your IT administrator for permission and try again. "

How To Reproduce
Created a new Oauth app following the instructions described on Easy OAuth 2.0 (Using Postman Authorization Tab) | Zoom Public Workspace | Postman API Network. When setting up the app on the Zoom developer network at the Activation → Add your app → Add, I get a “You cannot authorize {app-name}” error and an option to switch my account.

The account listed on the screen is the account owner, and under Admin → User Management → Roles, the “Owner” role has all privileges. I can confirm I am the owner of the app via the “Manage App Collaborators” screen:

Hi @olf_tech_coordinator
Thanks for reaching out to us. I am looking into this issue.
If you are the owner of the account you should not be having this issue.
I created an internal ticket with our Engineering team and will update you shortly (ZSEE-112157 for reference)
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi @olf_tech_coordinator
Thanks for your patience here, it looks like the app you are trying to authorize has some scopes that are blocking you from authorizing it

Your app has all Zoom Revenue Accelerator( Zoom IQ) scopes and you do not have a license to access these scopes.

Could you please try removing the scopes for Zoom IQ and try authorizing the app again?
Cheers,
Elisa

Ah! I see, well that makes sense, and it changes my question. I’m looking for the API endpoint to retrieve the AI Companion content. I can get this information by email, and the Zoom IQ API was the closest I could find to anything that would retrieve meeting summaries.

Hi @olf_tech_coordinator
Ah, I see.
Unfortunately we do not have an endpoint available for you to get AI companion content.

Argh! Okay…thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

Sure thing @olf_tech_coordinator
I saw you created a feature request! thats amazing