Can't apply blur virtual background on preview

Video SDK Type and Version

###1###

I cloned Zoom example code from [GitHub - zoom/videosdk-web-sample: Zoom Video SDK web sample] and deployed to this URL [VideoSDK Demo]. When I turn on the camera and select Mask My Background to apply a blurred virtual background to the preview video, the camera view goes black, and the error shown in the image below appears (However, when I run it locally with yarn start, it works fine)

Devices:

1. Mac mini M1 version 14.5 - Chrome version 126.0.6478.183
  2. Windows 10 pro verison 22H2 - Chrome version 127.0.6533.72

###2###

On some devices, we can’t set the background in both the local development environment and the production environment.

Devices:

• Macbook Pro 13-inch-2017, Chrome 126.0.6478.185

Can you help troubleshoot this issue? I’m using the virtual background feature, but it doesn’t work on some devices. So I refer to the Zoom example, it also doesn’t work. I would greatly appreciate your support as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hey @lmtruong1512

When I turn on the camera and select Mask My Background to apply a blurred virtual background to the preview video, the camera view goes black

It’s our sample demo issue.

On some devices, we can’t set the background in both the local development environment and the production environment.

We provide an API to check whether the browser supports virtual backgrounds: stream.isSupportVirtualBackground().
Internally, we checked the browser version, operating system, SharedArrayBuffer availability, and the number of CPU cores.

Macbook Pro 13-inch-2017, Chrome 126.0.6478.185

As for the device, its performance may not meet the requirement.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

If you can’t apply a blurred virtual background, make sure your Zoom app is updated to the latest version and that your device meets the system requirements for virtual backgrounds. Also, check if the “blur” option is selected under the virtual background settings.