Chat channel unable to show history due to admin setting

I’m using the zoom desktop client for windows 10 on the two different PC’s, and Have a strange problem in a chat channel.

I’m logged in with the same zoom account on the both PCs. It’s a basic account, but is linked to a business account.

If I post a message on one PC, I can’t see that message on the other PC.

If no-one replies to my post, it’s completely invisible on the other PC.

However if someone replies, the exact result depends on my status at the time of the reply.

• If they reply when I’m online on the same PC on which I posted the original message, then I see my post and the reply on that PC, but the whole thread is invisible on the other PC.
  • If they reply when I’m either offline, or online on the other PC, then the reply is invisible on the PC on which i posted, but visible on the other PC. Also, my original post appears on the other PC only as an error message stating “Unable to show history due to admin setting”.

As far as I tell based on replies to my posts, other members of the channel see all my posts no matter which PC I posted on.

This only happens in one chat channel. I have tested another channel and confirmed that the problem doesn’t occur in that one. I had never seen this problem up to a few weeks ago, and have been using Zoom chat for over a year.

Is there any “admin setting” that would produce this behaviour, or does anyone know how to fix it? I haven’t yet asked either the chat-channel admin or business account admin.

Hi @SalenLey, thanks for using Zoom.

Based on your post, this appears to be a question about the Zoom client. This forum is only meant to assist developers who are integrating our SDK into their own applications. For help with the Zoom client, please visit the Zoom Community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!