Combining admin-managed and user-managed app

I’m developing an app for the Zoom Marketplace and have a few questions about app permissions and visibility. I want to allow admins to add the app for their entire organization while also enabling individual users (both within and outside the organization) to install it for themselves.

If I create the app as an admin-level application, will regular Zoom users still be able to add it for personal use? I’ve noticed that apps like Fathom.ai offer the flexibility to be added by both admins and individual users. Should I convert my app to an admin-level app to achieve this, or is it better to create separate admin-level and user-level apps? If I go with two apps, would they appear separately in the Zoom Marketplace, potentially causing confusion?

Hello,

The admin-level will limit the app to admin-level users and above, so a regular user can not add them.

Please take a look at the link here: Key concepts for Zoom Developer Platform

If you have follow-up questions, please send them here, and I will be happy to help answer them. For more information that should answer all your questions, click here.

@kwaku.nyante Thanks for your response and the link provided. I went through the article but I still have a few questions. Should I create two separate applications, one for admin users and one for regular users, and publish them individually? My goal is for both admins and regular users to be able to download and use my app.

Hello,

So you can create an admin-level app and make the scope optional. I believe that it will work in both situations. I would test it to be 100% sure first.

Regards, Kwaku