Create multiple meetings at once

Hi itsupport.dps
I am sorry, please specify your question, I do not understand it.
Martynas

Hi @tommy

Can you please explain how to add more hosts. I have a package of 9 hosts.

Thank you.

I am having the same issue. I need to schedule multiple meetings for the same time, but I will not be in these meetings. What is the work around for this? Will this work if there is an alternate host?

Re to sd1 and ellee:

Martynas

Hello,

what itsupport means is, that itā€™s not possible to host two meetings at the same time from one account, while using another licensed user as an alternative host. I (the master account scheduling both meetings) am not able to run another meeting simultaneously, even though I am not the host of the currently running meeting, as that meeting is being hosted by the alternative host, who is a member of my account. (2 hosts on Pro account are available)

Is there another way how to do this?

Hey @em-school, @akmenysgyvieji, @ellee, @sd1, @itsupport.dps,

Please keep in mind this forum is for the Zoom Marketplace Platform.

Here is the support article to answer your question:

Only one Zoom user at a time can host a meeting. If you want to host concurrent meetings, you will need two Zoom users.

Contact support.zoom.us for additional support.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

thank you for directing us to the website. We assume you are aware of the fact that the help center suggestion doesnā€™t really solve the problem weā€™re facing, since we are hosting the concurrent meetings using two separate users. What is the advantage of having more licenses for different users, if hosting simultaneous meetings doesnā€™t work?

Could you please point us into the right direction? Where, or with whom, is it possible to discuss this topic? We have participated in a couple of training sessions, which have shown themselves to be rather useless for us. Our email to the customer care has also not been answered for weeks.

Thanks a lot

I think what most people would want to do is create meetings from the main account FOR other hosts / users. Or change the host of an existing meeting.

I get that we add a user, make them a host. But itā€™s how that is managed from that point that is the problem. We might not want them to have to schedule the meeting themselves, we might want to set up the whole meeting for them using our templates for example.

Or, if weā€™re creating using the API use their details to create the meeting (that might be possble already, not sure)

As an aside, if you have scheduling rights set up, can you change the host of the meeting after it is scheduled?

1 Like

Hi Tommy,
What about about scheduling multiple meetings for the same time but not hosting them? Iā€™ve scheduled 5 different meetings for tomorrow at 1:30 p.m. for example, but I will not participate in all of them. Those meetings might use breakout rooms but I wonā€™t be there, so I need to assign a host to do that. From what Iā€™m reading I can only assign a different person as host once the meeting has started (a co-host or alternate canā€™t create breakouts so those arenā€™t an option).

Hope my askmakes sense.

Hey @sarah.arnio,

You can use the schedule for feature:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @TallblokeUK,

You are spot on. You can create and manage your users meetings with our API:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @em-school,

In order to host multiple Zoom meetings at the same time, you will need multiple users hosts.

You can create multiple users (free or paid) on your account, and then schedule meetings for them. Then each person (host) would need to start the meetings.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy!
We need to set up few webinars at the same time (as the most of the users here). As I understood it right, it is possible by creating multiple users hosts within 1 account. Could you please advice me on the following items regarding this:

• How exactly can I do that? Can I simply do it via user management or do I need to create a CSV file as mentioned here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204581939?
  • if I create multiple users in my account, do I need also to schedule a meeting for them, or they can do it by themselves?
  • which type of account do we need for that?
  • are there any other nuances which have to be taken into account by simultaneous meetings?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! Lex

Hi,

Iā€™m using zoomā€™s api to manage my meetings, until now Iā€™m able to create, start, join, stop a meeting.
what I want now is to start two meeting at the same time (itā€™s okay for me if I have to pay for the second host), is there any way to manage this kind of feature easily ?

Thank you
Best regards

Hi. Trying to edit my User Management to add two more license (availed 3 hosts) but I cannot edit my user management.
It shows like this; https://zoom.us/account/user#/

Please advice. Thank you

Hi Tommy,

I have read all your tips on this feed and have already done everything you have said to do. I know I was doing it correctly, because up until last week I was able to successfully schedule and run two meetings at the same time on my two host accounts. Now all of the sudden, even if each meeting is scheduled and started by a separate, licensed, user on my account, one is kicked off when the other starts their meeting. Because of the volume of users for zoom during this pandemic, I understand the the support team is behind in returning emails. But please, is there someone or somewhere you can refer us to. My company depends on these calls for our business, and we are currently paying for a service we canā€™t use. Thank you for your time.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem, i schedule the meetings and assign alternative host to one of my licenced users, but can have two meetings running at the same time. so far i havenā€™t read a solution.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here.

@tommy We are having the same issue as well.

If a meeting is scheduled by host X, they join the meeting and run it for a while, and then they leave the meeting and assign host privileges to host Y (another valid, licenced, user) to continue the meeting, host X is unable to host any other meetings and has to cancel the existing meeting to host another meeting despite the initial meeting having a valid, assigned host.

This causes a lot of problems when trying to run a interview on Zoom and having multiple interviewers (all licenced) cycle though one long meeting.

Hi, is there a limit to how many concurrent separate meetings I can book on behalf of others? (ie, multiple alternate hosts -I would not be participating directly).

With the current functionality, I would expect to be able to book say, a thousand in one morning, but needing to confirm.

Thanks