Deep Linking

what is the deep linking syntax for URIs

e.g. instead of https://widener.zoom.us/

I want to push the string request to the app on a phone

zoom://?getUser=username&Org=widener

hi Anderson:

Can you help to describe requirement in detail. Thank you for info.

Hi JAaron, 

Thanks for asking your question. 

For deep linking syntax for URIs, you can use the protocol zoomus:  . For instance, for joining a meeting the link would be  zoomus://zoom.us/join?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx&zc=0&browser=chrome&uname=Betty. 

Is there also a deep linking for direct or group chat or direct audio call? That would help a lot enabling zoom as a general means of communications integrated in all other enterprise tools

It appears as though the protocol handler for zoomus is not installed with the Windows 10 Zoom client. (Tested on 2 machines - Zoom version 5.0.2.) So deep links that work for a mobile device do not work at all for Windows users as they get prompted to find an app in the Windows store for this protocol… Is this by design or an oversight?

Hey @ryanrands,

Can you please share the Zoom URL schema you’re using?

Thanks,
Tommy

Based on the information in this thread, I was using the format in @michael_p.zoom post above.

I see from your URL link that the correct format for Windows/MacOS is different.

So I guess it’s by design that people joining a meeting from Windows/MacOS or a mobile device need to be sent different deep link URLs?

Hey @ryanrands,

Correct. Although, the start_url is device agnostic.

Thanks,
Tommy