Deleting a meeting and Send meeting cancellation email to registrants

In the account when you go to delete a meeting that has at least one registrant it has a pre-checked tick box to ask if it should send a cancel email to all the registrants.

Any chance we can get that add on the DELETE method? (Maybe subject/body too?)

It has a schedule_for_reminder to tell the host, but nothing to tell the people attending.

I assume you have to do the legwork in sending a PUT request to /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants/status at the moment?

Hey @neil.freeman,

I’m pretty sure when deleting the meeting, any registrants will still get the meeting cancelled email. Have you tested that?

Thanks,
Tommy

Jumping in here. Registrants will not receive an email notification when a meeting is deleted via api. They only do if they are removed from the meeting via api.

1 Like

Hey @fred,

Thanks for confirming, we will see if we can add this to our roadmap.

@neil.freeman, You will have to send a custom email via a service like SendGrid.

-Tommy

Hi,

I found this thread and it seems to answer a question that I’ve been looking for the answer to… I am not a coder, but I accidentally deleted a Google Calendar event for a Zoom meeting that I am the host of, which triggered a cancellation email that I received. I have almost 80 people registered for this meeting and I am hoping they did not also receive cancellation emails… It sounds like Google Calendar is considered an “api” (correct me if I am wrong?), so my registrants would not have received cancellation emails, correct? I hope this is the case.

Any help is appreciated. I am wondering whether or not I need to send out a follow-up email telling them that the meeting is not actually cancelled.

Thanks,
Jessicca

Hey @bacherj,

Did you delete it through google calendar? Usually you are presented with an email notification option:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Yes, I accidentally deleted it through Google Calendar, but I was not presented with that pop-up you just sent a screenshot of. Is there a setting I need to turn on to activate that feature?

Thanks,
Jessicca

Hey @bacherj,

That would be a question for the Google Calendar team.

Thanks,
Tommy

Checking in on this issue.

FYI, if the meeting is deleted manually in Zoom via the UI, the registrant will get a notification. They still wont if the meeting is deleted via api.

Hi @fred, yes this is expected behavior. The host or alternative host will be notified:

When the meeting is deleted manually via the UI, not API, the registrants are also notified

Hey @fred,

We are working to fix this so it also works with the API. (ZOOM-168902)

Thanks,
Tommy

[quote=“fred, post:11, topic:12347, full:true”]
When the meeting is deleted manually via the UI, not API, the registrants are also notified
[/quote] - Is this issue fixed, When the meeting is deleted via API, the registrants are getting notified now?

Hey @arjun.bsci,

Yes, this was fixed in a release last weekend.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Just now I have verified again, I deleted one of the webinar Id#98289621701 which had 3 registraints.
After deleting the webinar using API(https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/{webinarId}), cancellation emails are not getting triggerred to the registraints. The host is getting notified.
Am I missing something here?

Hey @arjun.bsci,

Double check your webinars email settings here: https://zoom.us/profile/setting

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy - Yes, I have verified again. The setting “When a meeting is cancelled” is active. When the webinar Is deleted via API, it still doesn’t trigger the email notification to the registrants regarding the cancellation of the webinar.

In the below post, you have mentioned that “This is currently scheduled to be fixed in our September or October release.” Is this still the case?

Hey @arjun.bsci,

That is correct. This will be fixed in a release in September or October. (ZOOM-107635)

-Tommy

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not a programmer, just a user of Zoom. My issue with a canceled Zoom cancelation is that I did not recieve the cancellation “e-mail” or did not see it in the hundreds of daily emails. I went to the Zoom meeting and no one was there to open the meeting…and there was no notice in the Zoom “waiting room”. that it was canceled. Can anyone shed any light on why there is not a notice of cancellation in the waiting room?

Hi, @smfargo1,

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum. Your question is more suited for our Zoom Community Forum. I’ve linked it below along with our blog post on Zoom Community Forum for reference:

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte