Domain Validation Explanation

What is Domain Validation?

Every App that is to be ‘Published’ or ‘Submitted for Review’ on the Zoom App Marketplace must go through domain validation. With this, Zoom ensures that all the listed App Endpoints and URLs are owned by the respective App/Company.

Please note that this is a one-time verification process.

Why do we employ it?

Security. Zoom needs to make sure that the domains where the App is expected to receive Zoom callbacks are owned by the respective App/Company.

Which App have Domain Validation restrictions?

Every Published App, even Zoom’s First Party Apps.

Which URLs are verified against this check?

1. Privacy Policy URL
  2. Terms of Use URL
  3. Support URL
  4. Documentation URL
  5. Configure URL
  6. Redirect URL for OAuth
  7. Bot Url
  8. Webhook Callback URL

When do App Developers encounter this request?

When third-party developers are preparing to Submit their App for Review to Marketplace, they are required to pass Domain Validation to be able to Submit the App successfully.

Note: The SUBMIT button is click-activated once domains are validated. If not validated, it will remain unclickable.

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 1.17.18 PM

Manual Domain Validation

If you are unable to validate your domain using the HTML method listed on the Submission Page, please create a devforum post and our team should help you resolve the issue within 48hrs. :smiley:

Note: We will reach out to you via DM after the request is made so detailed information is not viewable Publicly.

6 Likes

I have followed each step carefully and my domain is still not validated. The error code says my verification codes do not match. I have deleted and reinstalled 3 times.

Hi @tiffanytip23

If you are unable to validate your domain using the HTML method listed on the Submission Page, please create a devforum post and our team should help you resolve the issue within 48hrs. :smiley:

Note: We will reach out to you via DM after the request is made so detailed information is not viewable Publicly.

How do I validate multiple domains? I only validate one url but my website and endpoints are hosted by two different domains (I can validate both of them).

1 Like

Hi !
I need to create connector from Zoom to Snow software. I need create application with secret key but without App publication.
which type of Application I need to create?
I dont pass through the validation .

Hi @rakyk
You can always create an Oauth app with intend to publish No, if it is an internal application
If you want your app to make api calls on behalf of third party users you would have to submit your app for review with our marketplace

Can somebody help me with that ? :innocent:
Ruslana

Sure thing @rakyk
If this integration is meant to be for internal use (ex generate internal report, create meetings for users under the same account, get recordings from users under the account) then you could benefit from using our Server to Server OAuth integration

I only validate one URL, but two domains host my website and endpoints.
I would like to know how to do “Manual Domain Validation.”

Hi Elisa!
in which section I can find created application . I want to use it like an axample . Server to Server OAuth application

Hi Ruslanaits
It’s good i find applications about Apls

@elisa.zoom you guys haven’t replied to this message yet.

Am facing the same issue, urgent attention is needed here please @elisa.zoom

Hi @rakyk @Anonymous
Do you still need assistance here?
Could you please open up a new thread and make sure to tag me to get a notification?
This is not related with Domain Validation