Duplicated users on session reconnection

Description
When a participant reconnects to a session, the dashboard increases the user count, even though it’s the same participant.

Is this a typical Zoom behavior?
Will Zoom include these users in the billing count?

Hence, the calculation would be as follows:

04:33 - 5 minutes
6 users
R$ 0.0159 per minute

6 x 5 = 30 minutes
30 minutes x R$ 0.0159 = R$ 0.477

Which Web Video SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Connect to a session
  2. Disable the internet connection
  3. Enable the internet connection
  4. Wait for reconnection or reconnect manually to the session
  • Device: MacBook Air M1 2020
  • Browser: Firefox
  • Browser Version: 124.0.1 (64-bits)
Session ID Session Name Start Time End Time Duration (hh:mm:ss) Users Host Data Center VoIP Video Screen Sharing Recording
iewRf1ZlSJKZ04yKJd0cbg== 6 Apr 03, 2024 12:56 PM 01:01 PM 00:04:33 6 SP true false false false
User Phone Device IP Address Location Network Type Microphone Speaker Camera Data Center Connection Type Join Time Leave Time In Waiting Room uuid
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Top) 12:56 PM 12:57 PM(admin-6 left the meeting.Reason: left the meeting.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Top) 12:57 PM 12:57 PM(admin-6 left the meeting.Reason: left the meeting.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Top) 12:57 PM 12:58 PM(admin-6 left the meeting.Reason: left the meeting.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Top) 12:58 PM 12:59 PM(admin-6 left the meeting.Reason: left the meeting.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Top) 12:59 PM 01:01 PM(admin-6 got disconnected from the meeting.Reason: Unknown reason.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA
admin-6 Web Others Microfone (MacBook Air) default Câmera FaceTime HD Brazil (SP Sub) UDP 12:59 PM 12:59 PM(admin-6 left the meeting.Reason: left the meeting.) No VQHoi2maRzKtgFJuQxTuYA

How are you rendering the videos themselves? Is this your application, or an example app?

When a user leaves a session (or loses internet in your example) they aren’t removed from the session completely - which means it could be possible that on reconnection if they are reconnecting to the session you would have a duplicate user. in the meeting.

You may be able to use something like “connection-change” event on reconnection (not sure if it fires on reconnection or not. )
VideoClient | Zoom Video SDK for Web - 1.10.8

The other possibility is to remove them from the session on connection loss - which is a parameter for the init() method named leaveOnPageUnload - here are the docs for that - InitOptions | Zoom Video SDK for Web - 1.10.8

Let me know if this helps.

Hi Kelly, my question it’s not about the participant “ghost”, but it’s about the duplicated users sessions in Zoom dashboard and how Zoom calculates the meeting cost.

The cenario above happens when the client-6 reconnects from the session manually, but the Zoom threats him as a new user.

How much would be the session total cost?

Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. I’m not 100% sure how the sessions are billed myself - but would also like to know - I will see if I can get the proper answer for you. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.