Expired scheduled meeting, confusing information provided

Description

According to this page from your help center
  • A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date if the meeting is not recorded. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.

but according to this page

• Non-recurring meeting ID will expire 30 days after the meeting is scheduled or started. You can also re-start the same meeting ID within the 30 days.

Problem
let’s take a closer look to second statement, “after the meeting is scheduled or started”
what it means started here is not very clear

1. does it mean, if meeting scheduled on Oct 30 2020, but started on Oct 1, then it will expire on Oct 31?
  2. word started used here for instant meeting case, so it doesn’t apply to scheduled meetings

if answer is (1), then will meeting be considered as started even if at least one user alone joins it and be in the room alone for even few seconds?

Additional context
This is the image for expired scheduled meeting, is it correct? then maybe it should say “Meeting was scheduled for 9/1/2020, now it’s expired”
?

Hey @workhint,

Thanks for reaching out about this—happy to help clarify, as I understand the documentation can be a bit confusing.

To be clear, the 2nd article—when it states “after the meeting is scheduled or started”—is referring to the fact that meetings can be started again after they’ve ended (within 30 days), and if they’re started again, then the expiration time would restart and it’d be an additional 30 days from the last time the meeting was started until the ID would expire. I believe this is what you were saying in your point 1—which is correct.

In regards to instant meetings, these expire immediately after they’re ended.

In terms of what constitutes a “started” meeting, there must be at least 2 or more people in the meeting.

As for your screenshot, I can confirm that this meeting ID has expired. You raise a great point, this message could be clearer. I’ll be happy to share this feedback with our team.

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if there are still questions. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Thank you @will.zoom for solving reply!

No problem! Glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

1 Like