Zoom ID expired

Three important questions about meeting expiry dates via API:

1. If I schedule meeting for tomorrow, and then immediately update it via API to start 2 months from now, when will it expire? 30 days after tomorrow, or 30 days after 2 months from now?

2. If I start an API scheduled meeting (just me, nobody else joining) using the start url, 40 days before the scheduled start time, and 60 minutes later click “end meeting for all”, when will the meeting id expire? 30 days after I clicked “end meeting for all”, or 30 days after the scheduled meeting time?

3. Does not inviting anyone to the scheduled meeting impact the expiry date at all?

Hi @cary!

Refer here for details on this:

• A scheduled, non-recurring meeting ID (also known as a one-time meeting ID) will expire 30 days after the scheduled date. If you restart the same meeting ID within the 30 days, it will remain valid for another 30 days.
  • Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time as long as the meeting ID is not expired or deleted.

Thanks!
Gianni

Hi @gianni.zoom, thanks for responding, but that doesn’t quite answer my question.

Does the scheduled meeting expire 30 days after the original scheduled date, or 30 days after the updated scheduled date?

Also, this sentence is self contradictory:
Scheduled meetings can be started at any time before the scheduled time as long as the meeting ID is not expired

How can a scheduled meeting ever be expired before its scheduled time?

Also, what does “starting a meeting” actually mean?

Hi @cary if you click on the link I shared above, it explains all the conditions :slight_smile:

Updated date.

It won’t expire before the scheduled time. They’re just saying that you can start a meeting before it’s time if you wanted to.

It means starting a meeting and it being live.

After you read the documentation linked, let me know if it’s clearer.

Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.