Gallery View not working Firefox on 1.9.0

Description
Gallery View not working in Firefox for the Web SDK version 1.9.0. It worked in Chrome.

Error
While testing the new release of Web SDK I was trying on different browsers. Found no option for Gallery view in Firebox

Which version?
1.9.0 Web SDK version. Download from GitHub - zoom/sample-app-web: Zoom Web SDK Sample App

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download the latest Web SDK version
  2. Added API Key and Secret in js
  3. Generated a meeting URL using the PMI
  4. Tested for different browser. Firefox didn’t had gallery view.

Screenshots
Firefox screenshot:

Chrome screenshot:

Console Error:

Device (please complete the following information):

Hey @khanmdmudassir,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce this issue on my end and have since reached out to our internal team to see if they are able to provide more insight. I’ll keep you posted with any new information. (CS-2983)

Thanks,
Max

2 Likes

I am also able to replicate on the following browsers:

• Safari Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.6.1.6) on MacOS 11.0
  • Firefox Version 85.0 on MacOS 11.0
  • Firefox Version 85.0 on Windows 10

Thanks,
Alex

Hey @alexmayo,

Thank you for testing and sharing that! I’ve passed this information on to our engineering team to help with their investigation.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @khanmdmudassir and @alexmayo,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and informed me that Gallery view is not yet supported on the Firefox browser. I checked in with them to see if there is support for Safari at this time.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM

Is there an ETA on this fix ? As we have a webinar event next week.

Please is the previous version had an issue such as Host can’t join the webinar using Web SDK. Is that fixed as well ?

Hey @khanmdmudassir,

I don’t have an ETA on when we will provide support for other browsers but I can say that it won’t be available by next week.

Please is the previous version had an issue such as Host can’t join the webinar using Web SDK. Is that fixed as well ?

I’m not sure I’m clear on the issue you mentioned. Do you have a forum post that details the issue so I can confirm this for you?

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM

Below was the problem with Panelist joining the meeting.

Also for the host problem follow the below steps:

1. Configure a webinar.
  2. Join the webinar as Host using the email used for creating the webinar.
  3. You will see the pop-up alert.

Hey @khanmdmudassir,

Thank you for providing additional information. It looks like both of these issues are still being worked on by our engineering team. To stay up-to-date on the latest features and fixes, please see our changelog.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.