Getting black screen in Zoom websdk 1.8.0 when waiting room enabled

Hey @sumit.cha20,

We are working to improve the UI so there is no black screen.

In the mean time, one way to reduce the download time is to call the preLoadWasm function before starting / joining the meeting:

ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm(); // pre download wasm file to save time.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy can you recommend a timeline for this. This seems like a regression and I am assuming you can make a hotfix release for this.

Hey @nitin1,

This will be addressed in the next version, 1.8.1.

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @nitin1, @sumit.cha20,

In case you are still seeing this issue, we are releasing a fix in version 1.8.5.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @nitin1, @sumit.cha20,

This has been fixed in version 1.8.3. Please upgrade and let us know if you run into any other issues. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy - we are using 1.8.3 and get the black screen for the waiting room. Should WebSDK display some sort of message? It just sits there on a black screen which is extremely confusing to users. I’ve tried 1.8.0, 1.8.1, 1.8.3 and it happens with all of them…
(Note - 1.8.3 does briefly flash the zoom interface before going black - but show no indication I’m in a waiting room)

Hey @mb_j,

Can you please share a screenshot of the black screen you are seeing?

Thanks,
Tommy

Sure, here’s after joining a meeting, waiting on the host to admit: (note the full Zoom interface flashes on for a second before going black/blank).

Then after the host admits, a “connecting to…” flashes up , and then works as per normal.

Thanks,

Mike

Params :

ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: leaveUrl,
showMeetingHeader: false,
videoHeader: false,
disableInvite: true,
success: function () {
ZoomMtg.join(
{
meetingNumber: meetConfig.meetingNumber,
userName: meetConfig.userName,
signature: meetConfig.signature,
apiKey: meetConfig.apiKey,
passWord: meetConfig.passWord,
userEmail: meetConfig.userEmail,
success: function (res) {
console.log(‘join meeting success’);
if ((".meeting-info-icon__icon-wrap").length > 0) { (".meeting-info-icon__icon-wrap").hide();
}
},
error: function (res) {
console.log(res);
}
}
);

Also to further explain the sequence, I get “Joining Meeting”, then a flash of the Zoom interface, then “Joining Meeting” then blank blank screen, then when admitted “connecting” message. Screenshot of those below:

This is shown first:

Then a flash of the interface for about 1 second:

Then Joining again:

Then black screen:

Then once the host admits me to the meeting, “Connecting Message”:

Then after that loads interface and works fine.

Hey @mb_j,

Thank you for providing additional information. I’ve reached out to our Engineering team in order to have this matter investigated. I’ll make sure to update you when I hear back from them. (CS-2659)

Thanks,
Max

clould you help provite you browser agent ‘navigator.userAgent’
like me “Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36”
I trying to reproduce it.

could you also provide dom html when in waiting room like my screenshoot

have you test the https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web ? still have this issue?

Jack,

The useragent string is:
“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36”

If I search for bhold-msg I only see it in zoom-meeting-1.8.3.min.js, not anywhere else so it appears to not be created…

I’ve also tried in incognito mode to be sure a plugin wasn’t causing the issue.

I’ll have to setup and try the sample code - we’re pretty much doing the same thing as the CDN version. I can also set you up with access to our system if that helps, PM me if you’d like to try that.

Mike

Jack,

Also, please try with these 3 options in .init:
showMeetingHeader: false,
videoHeader: false,
disableInvite: true,

If I take all 3 out completely , it works. If I leave them in and reverse values, the issue still occurs.

Mike

@JackYang Please test on your end with showMeetingHeader: false,
This causes the issue.

Additionally , when the issue occurs there are no DOM elements as you show.

Mike

Hey @mb_j,

Thank you for providing additional information. We are still actively investigating this. I’ll be sure to update you when we have more information.

Thanks,
Max

Thank, I find root cause, it’s showMeetingHeader cause. we will fix this 1.8.5

Hey @mb_j , @nitin1, @sumit.cha20,

This is now fixed in Web SDK version 1.8.5.

Please see the release log for more details:

Thanks,
Tommy